Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 of 05th June 2021. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) The World Environment Day is observed every year on June 5.The ecosystem restoration of which among the following country has been highlighted in 2021?
2) International Day for the Fight Against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing has been observed every year on June 5. The day was declared by which among the following Organisation?
3) The new system for Insurance claims has been introduced by the centre to fight against COVID 19 for Health Workers under which of the following scheme?
(a) PradhanMantriGaribKalyan Package
(b) PradhanMantri Jan ArogyaYojana
(e) PradhanMantriShram Yogi Maan-dhan
4) After the Proposal by TamilNadu CM, Tamillanguage has been introduced in the CoWIN App. Now, how many languages are totally available in CoWIN app including Tamil?
5) The Education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has extended the validity period of the Teachers Eligibility Test Certificate to lifetime from its existing _________.
(a) 5 Years
(b) 11 Years
(c) 15 Years
(d) 7 Years
(e) 13 Years
6) China has developed the Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) fusion reactor that burns at how much times of Sun’s core temperature?
7) The YounTab scheme has been launched by the Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh in Leh.Under the Scheme, the tablets would be distributed to the government school students from ___________.
(a) Class 6th to 10th
(b) Class 6th to 8th
(c) Class 9th to 12th
(d) Class 9th to 10th
(e) Class 6th to 12th
8) How much Percentage of reservation has been announced for the girls of engineering and medical colleges by the Bihar CM Nitish Kumar?
9) How many villages have been selected by the Telangana government for the digital survey of agriculture lands on a pilot basis from June 11?
(a) 24 Villages
(b) 27 Villages
(c) 23 Villages
(d) 25 Villages
(e) 21 Villages
10) How much percentage of state budgethas been allocated for the creation of a special purpose vehicle for operations and maintenance of large multi-village surface water supply in the Punjab?
11) Which of the following eye ware brand has launched a Covid-19 relief helpline that allows users to message their requirement via WhatsApp chat-based helpline?
(c) Titan Eyeplus
12) Finastra has partnered with which among the following IT major to help corporate banks across Asia Pacific accelerate their digital transformation?
13) Which of the following bank has launched a NR savings account scheme for the Seafarer segment to offer services clubbed with digital banking platforms?
(a) South Indian Bank
(b) Federal Bank
(c) Dhanlakshmi Bank
(d) Kotak Mahindra Bank
(e) RBL Bank
14) In which among the following two districts, the NABARD has set up two mega piped drinking water supply projects worth Rs 254 crore?
(a) Puri & Amristar
(b) Ferozepur & Jajpur
(c) Jalandhar & Jajpur
(d) Ferozepur & Jajpur
(e) Puri & Jajpur
15) B Sankar has been appointed as the new Chief General Manager of which circle of State Bank of Indiathat covers 1,243 branches of the entire circle?
16) VishwavirAhuja has been reappointed as the MD & CEO of which among the following banks for a period of three years?
(a) South Indian Bank
(b) DBS Bank
(c) RBL Bank
(d) Federal Bank
(e) IDBI Bank
17) RamprasadSridharan has been appointed as the new MD &CEO of Benetton Group. The company is based in which among the following countries?
18) The International Booker Prize has won by David Diop for the book titled ‘At Night All Blood Is Black’. The book has the reflections on _____________.
19) According to the third edition of the Sustainable Development Goals India Index and Dashboard 2020-21, which among the following UT has reached the 2nd position?
20) How many new species of Cyrtodactylusbengkhuaiaifrom limestone caves close to Siju village in South Garo Hills districthave been discovered in Mizoram and Meghalaya?
21) The Former President and Prime Minister of Mauritius Sir AneroodJugnauth has passed away recently. Hehad received the Padma Vibhushan award in which year?
22) Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, ThaawarchandGehlot has virtually launched the SAGE initiative and SAGE portal for elderly persons. What does ‘E’ mean in SAGE?
1) Answer: E
Solution: World Environment Day is celebrated annually on 5 June and is the United Nations’ principal vehicle for encouraging awareness and action for the protection of the environment.
This year, the theme of World Environment Day is “Reimagine. Recreate. Restore.”. The global host for the day in 2021 to highlight the importance of ecosystem restoration is Pakistan.
The purpose of World Environment Day is to spread awareness about the threat to
the environment due to rising pollution levels and climate change.
2) Answer: B
Solution: The UN General Assembly declared 5 June as the “International Day for the Fight Against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing.
In a world of growing population and persistent hunger, fish are an important commodity for the achievement of food security.
However, efforts by the international community to ensure the sustainability of fisheries are
compromised by illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing activities.
Fishing is essential – providing nutritious food and employment around the globe.
Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) Fishing is blight on the fishing sector.
3) Answer: A
Solution: The Centre has introduced a new system for processing of the Insurance claims provided under PradhanMantriGaribKalyan Package (PMGKP) Insurance Scheme for the Health Workers Fighting COVID-19.
The Union Ministry of Health mentioned that states and other stakeholders had been raising
the matter that the processing of the insurance claims was getting delayed.
With a view to streamline and simplify the processing of the insurance claims, it has been
decided to start a new system for approval of claims.
As per the system, the due diligence will be done by State Governments at the level of
4) Answer: C
Solution: The Centre has assured to include Tamil language in the CoWIN app facility after an appeal from Tamilnadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin. The Tamilnadu Government stated that along with the nine existing languages included in the CoWIN app, the facility in Tamil language will be available in a day or two according to the Principal Health Secretary.
5) Answer: D
Solution: The Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced that the government has decided to extend the validity period of the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) qualifying certificate from 7 years to lifetime with retrospective effect from 2011.
In 2020, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) in its 50th meeting of the general body had approved the extension of the TET certificate validity from 7 years to a lifetime.
6) Answer: A
Solution: The core of the Sun burns at 15 million degrees Celsius by nuclear fusion of hydrogen nuclei into helium, but now scientists have designed an ‘Artificial Sun’ on Earth that has sustained a temperature of 120 million degrees Celsius.
The Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) fusion reactor designed by China burns at eight times the Sun’s core temperature. The reactor broke the record by reaching a plasma temperature of 120 million degree Celsius for 101 seconds and 160 million Celsius for 20 seconds.
7) Answer: E
Solution: Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh RK Mathur launched the YounTab scheme for students and distributed 12,300 tablets among them virtually in Leh.
The YounTab scheme is an initiative of the Department of School Education with technical support by the Information Technology Department under which 12,300 tablets with preloaded online and offline content, including textbooks, video lectures and online class applications, would be distributed to government school students from Class 6th to 12th.
8) Answer: C
Solution: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar took a major decision with the announcement of a 33% reservation for girls in engineering and medical colleges of the state.
The Chief Minister mentioned that at least one-third of the seats in the enrollment in engineering and medical colleges of the state should be reserved for girl students as it would increase the number of girl students.
9) Answer: B
Solution: Telangana Chief Minister K. ChandrashekarRao ordered a digital survey of agriculture lands in 27 select villages across the state on a pilot basis from June 11.
He directed officials to select three villages from his home constituency Gajwel and select the remaining 24 villages from other 24 districts.
Based on the outcome of the pilot survey, the digital survey will be extended later to the entire
After the completion of the digital survey of agricultural lands, the survey will be undertaken in
all urban areas.
10) Answer: B
The Punjab cabinet gave its nod for the creation of a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for operations and maintenance of large multi-village surface water supply schemes across the state.
The cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, also accorded approval to open an account in the name of the SPV, with seed money of Rs 25 crore allocated from the World Bank funds (64 per cent) and state budget (36 per cent), to support its functioning in the initial five years.
11) Answer: E
Solution:Lenskart Foundation has launched a Covid-19 relief helpline that allows users to message their requirement of medicines, injections, oxygen support, and lab tests, said the eyewear company about its philanthropy initiative.
The WhatsApp chat-based helpline at 892-947-6589 provides information on what to do if diagnosed with Covid-19, using inputs from a panel of doctors. The Foundation claimed it has received more than 200 requests from Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, apart from states like Jammu, Punjab and Uttarakhand
12) Answer: D
Solution: The IT major Wipro announced a partnership with Finastra to help corporate banks across Asia Pacific accelerate their digital transformation.
The companies will create a unique offering that combines Wipro’s comprehensive services catalogue with Finastra’s front-to-back trade finance and cash-management solutions.
HarpreetArora, vice president of BFSI Domain & Consulting Head stated, this partnership is in line with our continued efforts to strengthen our presence in Asia-Pacific and drive digital transformation.
13) Answer: B
Solution: Federal Bank has launched a NR savings account scheme for the Seafarer segment. This scheme is curated and crafted for the mariners and offers services clubbed with digital banking platforms that allow the mariners to execute banking transactions without being affected by the geo coordinates and time zone differences. The scheme is available in both NRE SB and NRO SB variants
14) Answer: E
Solution: The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned Rs 254 crore to set up two mega piped drinking water supply projects in Odisha under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF).
The two mega projects will come up in the Puri district and the Jajpur district. The projects will contribute to achieving the goal of providing drinking water to the rural population by 2022.
15) Answer: A
Solution: Chennai circle of SBI has got a new Chief General Manager. B Sankar assumed charge as Chief GM of SBI Chennai Circle recently. He earlier served as the GM NW-II in the same circle.
The circle which covers the entire TN and Puducherry has 1,243 branches under its jurisdiction.
16) Answer: C
Solution: Private sector lender, RBL Bank Ltd, on June 4 stated the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the re-appointment of VishwavirAhuja as managing director and CEO of the bank for a period of one year.
RBL Bank Board had sought Ahuja’s re-appointment for a period of three years.
17) Answer: A
Solution: Apparel retailer Benetton Group has announced the appointment of RamprasadSridharan as the new CEO and managing director of Benetton India.
Ramprasad replaces SundeepChugh, who has decided to leave the position after being associated with the group for 10 years. Benetton Group global fashion brand based in Ponzano Veneto, Italy
18) Answer: D
Solution: David Diop has become the first French author to win the International Booker Prize with At Night All Blood Is Black. Alongside translator Anna Moschovakis, he was named as the winner of the award in a virtual ceremony at Coventry Cathedral.
The pair will share £50,000 prize money. Hughes-Hallett stated the book included interesting reflections on colonialism.
19) Answer: B
NITI Aayog launched the third edition of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index and Dashboard 2020-21. Kerala retained the top spot in 2021 SDG India Index
In Union Territories Chandigarh Topped Followed by Delhi &Puducherry. The theme of SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21 : Partnerships in the Decade of Action.
20) Answer: D
A new species of Cyrtodactylusbengkhuaiai, was discovered from Mizoram and Meghalaya. In 4 new species of gecko, 2 from Meghalaya and 2 from Mizoram.
It is a peer-reviewed clinical mega magazine for animal taxonomists printed from New
The second one new lizard in Mizoram, Cyrtodactylusaaronbaueri, used to be recorded
in and round Aizawl the city.
The other 2 new species recorded in Meghalaya are the karst-dwelling bent-toed gecko
(Cyrtodactyluskarsticola) and Agarwal’s bent-toed gecko (Cyrtodactylusagarwali).
Both species are from limestone caves close to Siju village in South Garo Hills district
21) Answer: A
Sir AneroodJugnauth, the former President and Prime Minister of Mauritius, has passed away. He was 91.
Jugnauth, who served as Mauritius’ President twice and Prime Minister six times, was accorded with India’s second-highest civilian honour Padma Vibhushan in 2020.
22) Answer: B
The Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, ShriThaawarchandGehlot virtually launched the SAGE (Seniorcare Aging Growth Engine) initiative and SAGE portal for elderly persons.
The SAGE portal will be a one-stop access of elderly care products and services by credible
To involve youth for elderly care by way of start-ups and their innovative ideas to make
the elderly care.
This will help to make the programmes for elderly care a national movement rather than
just a government programme.