Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2022 of 06th May 2022. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2022 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) The International Fire fighter’s Day has been observed on May 04. It was first observed on which among the following year?
2) The World Portuguese Language Day has been annually observed every year on which among the following date?
(a) May 01
3) The Coal Miners Day has been observed annually on which among the following date?
4) Which among the following country has recently become the ‘Country of Honour’ at Cannes Marche’ Du Film?
5) The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has hailed ties with which among the following country during the unveiling of Sardar Patel statue?
6) The National Museum of Indian Cinema has set to host film festival on Satyajit Ray’s birth anniversary. This year 2022 marks __________ Birth anniversary of Satyajit Ray.
(a) 50thBirth anniversary
(b) 51stBirth anniversary
(c) 75stBirth anniversary
(d) 100thBirth anniversary
(e) 101stBirth anniversary
7) The Home Minister, Amit Shah has inaugurated the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) campus in which among the following city?
(a) Mumbai, Maharashtra
(b) Vadodara, Gujarat
(d) Chennai, Tamilnadu
8) Which among the following country has unveiled a new gas field of 20 million cubic feet of gas per day (MMCFD) at the Koilastila Gas field?
(d) South Korea
9) Telangana government has extended insurance coverage of ________________ lakh rupees for weavers under Nethanna Bima scheme
(a)1 lakh rupees
(b)3 lakh rupees
(c) 5 lakh rupees
(d)7 lakh rupees
(e)10 lakh rupees
10) Jammu and Kashmir Film Development Council in collaboration with National Film Development Corporation has set to organise its ____________ edition of J&K National Film Festival.
(a) 1st Edition
(b) 2nd Edition
(c) 3rd Edition
(d) 4th Edition
(e) 5th Edition
11) The Housing and Urban affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has launched Online Building Permission System (OBPS) in which among the following state or Union Territory?
12) ‘MiyankaBada’ railway station in which among the following state has recently renamed to ‘Mahesh Nagar halt’?
(e) Uttar Pradesh
13) The Government of Maharashtra has tied up with IFC to strengthen medical education. Which among the following is the correct full form of IFC?
(a) Indian Finance Corporation
(b) International Finance Corporation
(c) International Finance Council
(d)Indian Finance Council
(e)Indian Financial Corporation
14) Which among the following Public Sector Bank has partnered with Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP) to launch skill loans?
(a) State Bank of India
(b) Punjab National Bank
(c) Bank of Baroda
(e) Union Bank of India
15) IIFL Finance, Open Financial Joint Venture (JV) has set to launch India’s 1st neobank for MSMEs. The initial capital of the JV Company will be Rs __________ crore
(a) Rs 50 crore
(b)Rs 100 crore
(c)Rs 500 crore
(d) Rs 120 crore
(e)Rs 250 crore
16) As per the recent release of RBI monetary policy committee which among the following is the correct Percentage for Standing Deposit Facility (SDF)?
17) India has achieved merchandise export of ___________ billion dollars in the month of April
(e) 38.19 billion
18) Who among the following Indian-origin person has been appointed as 1st-ever chief tech officer of US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)?
(e) Manoj Pramahamsa
19) IBM Chairman Arvind Krishna has been elected to Board of Directors of which among the following Bank?
(a) Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
(b) Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
(c) Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
(d) Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
(e) Federal Reserve Bank of New York
20) Who among the following has been recently appointed as the Advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
(d)Pradip Kumar Tripathi
21) Ayana Renewable has collaborated with Greenstat Hydrogen India to Develop Green Hydrogen Projects in India. An initial pilot project will be launched in which among the following state?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
22) Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has commissioned 2nd ALH Mk III Squadron in which among the following place?
(c) Kolkata, West Bengal
(d) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
23) Which among the following IIT hasdemonstrated extreme massive multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology?
(b) IIT Madras
(c) IIT Delhi
(d) IIT Roorkee
(e) IIT Hyderabad
24) As per the 2022 World Press Freedom Index, What is the India’s position in this Index?
(a) 140th Rank
(b) 141st Rank
(c) 142nd Rank
(d) 148th Rank
(e) 150th Rank
25) Real Madrid has clinched 35th Spanish League title after defeating which among the following team?
(d) Cádiz CF
(e) Real Sociedad
1) Answer: D
Every year, Fire Fighters Day is celebrated on May 04 to honour the work done by firefighter professionals to protect people and property.
The main aim of this day is to recognise and honour professional firefighters across the world.
A tragic incident in Australia’s Linton led to the establishment of International Firefighters Day.
This historical accident happened on December 02, 1998, which led to the taking of the lives of 5 firefighters.
2) Answer: E
The World Portuguese Language Day is being celebrated on May 5th in about 50 countries, with cultural activities worldwide.
In the United States, May 5th will be officially celebrated in New York, in a joint initiative between Portugal and Brazil.
With more than 260 million speakers worldwide, Portuguese ranks fifth among world languages in a number of native speakers, distributed on all continents.
3) Answer: A
Coal Miners Day is observed annually on 4 May to highlight one of the toughest professions- those working in coal fields or mines.
The day honours the accomplishments and sacrifices made by coal mine workers so far.
It also remembers the horrific tragedies that these hardworking individuals experience.
Right from the Industrial Revolution (between 1760 and 1840), coal miners played a significant role across the globe. During that time, coal was burnt to fuel stationery, locomotive engines, and heat buildings.
4) Answer: E
India will be the Official Country of Honour at the upcoming Marche’ Du Film, organised alongside the Cannes Film Festival in France.
The festival will be organised from the 17th of May.
This was announced by Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur during a press conference in New Delhi.
5) Answer: B
Prime Minister Narendra Modi hailed the unveiling of a statue of SardarVallabhbhai Patel – the first in North America – in Canada as a marker for relations between the two countries”.
The bronze statue was unveiled at a programme at the SanatanMandir Cultural Center in the town of Markham in the Greater Toronto Area with messages from the Prime Ministers of India and Canada.
This statue stands nine feet in height, atop a four-foot-high pedestal, and weighs approximately 1000kg
6) Answer: E
On the 101st birth anniversary of Satyajit Ray, the National Museum of Indian Cinema, Mumbai under the Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry will host a three-day film festival at various venues across India to screen films made by the legendary filmmaker.
It will also screen films made on Satyajit Ray.
7) Answer: C
Home Minister, Amit Shah inaugurates the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) campus in Bengaluru, Karnataka
Home Minister AmitShah, that the Narendra Modi government has pursued had a zero-tolerance policy toward terrorism from day one.
Inaugurating the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) premises at Bengaluru, Mr Shah said, security requirements have changed significantly as compared to earlier challenges in terms of data, scope, and complexity.
8) Answer: B
Bangladesh has discovered a new gas field with the capacity to produce 20 million cubic feet of gas per day (MMCFD) at the Koilastila Gas field.
The announcement was made by the State Minister for power, energy and mineral resources Nasrul Hamid.
It will be possible to supply 17-19 million cubic feet of gas daily to the national grid from the newly discovered well number 6 by May 10.
9) Answer: C
Telangana state Government has announced extension of insurance coverage to handloom and power loom weavers under ‘NethannaBima’ (Weaver’s Insurance) Scheme.
The State Government has issued orders to extend insurance coverage of 5 lakh rupees for weavers under the Insurance Scheme on par with farmers insurance scheme.
During the current year, Over 29 crore rupees have been sanctioned for implementing the scheme.
10) Answer: A
Jammu and Kashmir Film Development Council in collaboration with National Film Development Corporation and Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, is organizing the First ever National Film Festival of Jammu and Kashmir from 15th to 20th June, 2022.
The Film festival will be a congregation of the best of films and music, film-makers, music artists, other allied talent and serve as a reservoir of creativity and inspiration for anyone across the world who aspire to live, love and breathe films and music.
11) Answer: D
Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri launched the Online Building Permission System (OBPS) in Sikkim.
To improve service delivery with lesser human interface and more accountability to get building plans passed.
He launched during a symposium on Urban Development of North Eastern States Smart City Revolution, organized by the Sikkim government in collaboration with the union ministry of development of north east region (DONER) as part of the AzadikaAmritMohatsav.
12) Answer: A
The name of a railway station in Rajasthan’s Barmer district, MiyankaBada railway station name changed to Mahesh Nagar halt was held in the Balotra area of Barmer district.
The renamed station was finally inaugurated on April 30, 2022.
The event was attended by Union Minister of Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and KailashChoudhary, Union Minister of State for Agriculture.
13) Answer: B
The Medical Education and Drugs Department (MEDD) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) have joined forces to prioritise healthcare projects with an emphasis on medical education under the public-private partnership (PPP) model in Maharashtra.
MEDD and IFC recently organised an investor conference themed around strengthening medical education and tertiary healthcare in Mumbai.
14) Answer: D
Canara Bank in association with the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP) has launched skill loans.
The loan was formally launched by Higher Education Minister R. Bindu in the presence of Canara Bank general manager and State Level Bankers Committee convener S. Premkumar.
Loans ranging from ₹5,000 to ₹1.5 lakh .
15) Answer: D
Non Banking financial company IIFL Finance Ltd and Open Financial Technologies, Asias largest SME focused neo-banking platform will launch IIFL Open Fintech Pvt Ltd.
The joint venture claims to be India’s first neobank to cater to the banking and credit requirements of micro and small enterprises (MSMEs).
The initial capital of the joint venture company will be Rs 120 crore (around $15.7 million) and the composition between IIFL Finance and Open is 51:49.
16) Answer: C
From May 2-4, 2022, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) conducts a Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting.
The New various rates are as under:
- Policy Repo Rate : 4.40%
- Standing Deposit Facility (SDF)= 4.15%
- Marginal Standing Facility Rate : 4.65%
- Bank Rate : 4.65%
- CRR : 4.50%
- SLR : 18.00%
- The new increased policy rates are effective from May 21, 2022.
17) Answer: E
India has achieved a monthly value of merchandise export of 38.19 billion US dollars in April.
It shows an increase of around 24 per cent as compared to the export registered in the same period 2021.
The value of non-petroleum exports in April was 30.46 billion US dollars, registering a growth of 12.32 per cent in export against the corresponding period last year.
18) Answer: A
NandMulchandani is the first Indian-origin person to be appointed as the first-ever Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
In his new role, Mulchandani will ensure the Agency is leveraging cutting-edge innovations and scanning the horizon for tomorrows innovations to further the CIAs mission.
Mulchandani has more than 25 years of experience in Silicon Valley as well as the US Department of Defense (DoD).
19) Answer: E
IBM Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Arvind Krishna has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
He has been elected as a Class B director, representing the public with due but not exclusive consideration to the interests of agriculture, commerce, industry, services, labour, and consumers.
He will fill the vacancy in the office for the remaining portion of a three-year term ending December 31, 2023.
20) Answer: C
Former Petroleum secretary TarunKapoor has been appointed as advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The position of PMs adviser had fallen vacant in February, after retired IAS officer BhaskarKhulbes term ended.
21) Answer: D
The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund’s (NIIF) Ayana Renewable Power (Ayana) and Norway-based Greenstat ASAs subsidiary Greenstat Hydrogen India, have entered into a joint development agreement for development of green hydrogen projects powered by renewable energy in India.
An initial pilot project will be launched in Karnataka.
22) Answer: B
Indian Coast Guard chief VS Pathania commissioned its second Air Squadron, 845 Squadron (CG), at the Coast Guard Air Enclave at Nedumbassery in Kochi, Kerala
The Squadron, led by Commandant KunalNaik has nine officers and 35 men.
The second squadron of these choppers will further boost the security of the western seaboard and enhance Indias search and rescue capability.
23) Answer: E
Researchers from IIT Hyderabad (IITH) have demonstrated extreme massive multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology that is being considered for deployment of 5G and next generation 6G networks.
Extreme massive MIMO refers to next-generation technology that uses very large antenna arrays.
The IITH developed an experimental research prototype with the aim to discover achievable performance limits.
24) Answer: E
According to the Reporters Without Borders, or RSF, which published its 2022 World Press Freedom Index India’s ranking has fallen down to 150th position with a score of 41 from last year’s 142nd rank out of 180 countries.
The index published on World Press Freedom Day 2022 (ie May 03, 2022) assesses the level of freedom available to the media in 180 countries and territories.
25) Answer: A
Real Madrid clinched a record-extending 35th Spanish league title after its reserve squad comfortably defeated Espanyol 4-0
Rodrygo scored twice and Marco Asensio and substitute KarimBenzema added a goal each to give Madrid its second league title in three seasons, and third in six years.
The victory gave Madrid an insurmountable lead with four rounds to go.