Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 of 18th & 19th July 2021. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) What is the theme of the Nelson Mandela International Day 2021?
(a) Take action, inspire change
(b) Charity is a Good being
(c) Honor the Giver’s
(d) One Hand Can Feed Another
(e) Living by giving hand
2) Which among the following minister has launched the campaign “COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam” to accelerate the pace of COVID vaccination among tribals, in India?
(b) Jitendra Singh
(d) Shripad Naik
(e) Amit Shah
3) “School Innovation Ambassador Training Program” for 50,000 school teachers has been launched together by Education Minister and Tribal Affairs Minister. Who among the following is the present Education Minister?
(a) Ramesh Pokhiriyal
(b) Kiren Rijju
(c) Dharmendra Pradhan
(d) Prakash Javedhakar
(e) Narendra Singh Tomar
4) Which among the following country has not agreed in principle to establish a new quadrilateral diplomatic platform focused on enhancing regional connectivity?
5) Which among the following state government has introduced ‘pod taxis’using the driverless mode of transport, popular in many western countries?
(d) West Bengal
(e) Uttar Pradesh
6) How much financial assistance has been granted to the Farmers of Rajasthan would get under the ‘Kisan Mitra Urja Yojna’ which was launched by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot (per month)?
(b) Rs 1,000
7) Who among the following has signed an approval to changeHigh Court UT of J&K and UT of Ladakh as ‘High Court of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh’?
(a) Narendra Modi
(b) Amit Shah
(d) Jitendra Singh
(e) Ram Nath Kovind
8) Bonalu, the traditional folk festival of Telangana,has begun at the Jagadambika Temple. This temple is situated in which among the following city of Telangana?
9) What %reservation has been issued by the Andhra Pradesh government for economically weaker sections in education and employment, in accordance with the Constitution 103 Amendment Act?
10) Recently,Adani Group has taken over the management control over which among the following Airport?
(a)Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
(b)Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
(c)Mumbai International Airport Limited
(d) Cochin International Airport
(e)Visakhapatnam International Airport
11) Which among the following feature has been recently introduced by the Bankstohelp consumers by bringing the bank to their homes?
(b) Retail Banking
(c) Chain Banking
(d) Both A & B
(e)Both A & C
12) At the 2021 Cannes Film Festival, the Best Actress award has been awarded to Renate Reinsve for which among the following Film?
(a) Compartment No. 6
(b) The Worst Person in the World
(d) Drive My Car
13) The prestigious Norman Borlaug National Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research has been conferred to Kajal Chakraborthy. This award has been instituted by which among the Following?
14) Synergy Public Co Ltd has acquired 41.6% stake in Avaada Energy Pvt Ltd, an Indian renewable energy producer. Synergy Public Co Ltd is ___________ based.
15) The two-day trilateral tabletop exercise TTX-2021 has been held among the top defence officials from which among the following countries?
(a)India, US and the Maldives
(b)India, US and Japan
(c)India, Sri Lanka and the Maldives
(d)India, Japan and the Maldives
(e)Japan, Sri Lanka and the Maldives
16) ‘Urdu Poets and Writers – Gems of Deccan’, a book, has been authored by senior journalist J.S. Ifthekhar, was received by whom among the following?
(a) Vice President
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Culture Minister
(d) External Affairs Minister
17) India Versus China: Why They Are Not Friends has been authored by whom among the following?
(a) Uma Shankar Bajpai
(b) Harsh V. Pant
(c) V. Krishnappa
(d) Kanti Bajpa
(e) Kishore Mahbubani
18) A Coffee Table Book titled ‘UNTOLD stories’,penned by DGP Manoj Yadava,gives an overview of the role of police of which among the following state?
(d) Tamil Nadu
(e) West Bengal
19) LA Polo Delhi in collaboration with Himalayan sports and cultural development organization and Polo Promotion Committee of which among the following state/ UT have beenworking on a promotional documentary of Polo Game?
(a) Jammu & Kashmir
(c) New Delhi
20) Which among the following Grand Prix has won by Lewis Hamilton at the Silverstone Circuit in the United Kingdom?
(a)European Grand Prix
(b)Azerbaijan Grand Prix
(c) Austrian Grand Prix
(d)Sweden Grand Prix
(e)British Grand Prix
1) Answer: D
Nelson Mandela International Day is an annual international day in honour of Nelson Mandela, celebrated each year on 18 July, Mandela’s birthday.
“One Hand Can Feed Another” is this year’s theme for Nelson Mandela International Day.
The day was officially declared by the United Nations in November 2009, with the first UN Mandela Day held on 18 July 2010.
This day honors the great legacy of Nelson Mandela and his values. Nelson Mandela (country’s first black president) served as South Africa’s president from 1994 until 1999.
2) Answer: A
Shri Arjun Munda, Minister of Tribal Affairs, virtually launched the nationwide campaign “COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam” to accelerate the pace of COVID vaccination among tribals, in India.
Minister of State for Steel, Shri Faggan Singh Kulaste; Ministers of State for Tribal Affairs – Shri Bishweswar Tudu and Smt. Renuka Singh too was present virtually during the launch.
Shri Munda launched the campaign through video conferencing link-up with field camps in Mandla in Madhya Pradesh and Bastar in Chhattisgarh. During this, Bastar Collector Shri. Rajat Bansal and Mandla District Collector Smt Harshika Singh gave details about the preparations for vaccination being run in their respective districts. •
Launching the campaign, Shri Munda stated, “We have been able to overcome two challenging waves, gained experience and are determined to stop the third wave. We have a role to play in rebuilding a new society, free of COVID infection.
3) Answer: C
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda launched “School Innovation Ambassador Training Program” for 50,000 school teachers.
The innovative and one-of-its-kind training program for school teachers aims at training 50,000 school teachers in innovation, entrepreneurship, IPR, design thinking, product development, idea generation, among others.
The education minister stressed that technology is reshaping the world and students have the potential to not only address domestic but also global challenges.
4) Answer: B
The United States, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Uzbekistan, have agreed in principle to establish a new quadrilateral diplomatic platform focused on enhancing regional connectivity.
“The parties consider long-term peace and stability in Afghanistan critical to regional connectivity and agree that peace and regional connectivity are mutually reinforcing”.
Recognizing the historic opportunity to open flourishing interregional trade routes, the parties intend to cooperate to expand trade, build transit links, and strengthen business-to-business ties.
5) Answer: E
The Uttar Pradesh government is all set to bring in ‘pod taxis’ that will connect commuters from Greater Noida to the Noida International Airport in Jewar using the driverless mode of transport, popular in many western countries.
The Yamuna Expressway and Eastern Peripheral Expressway will soon sign an agreement with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to extend the connectivity to remote areas.
The driverless cars will transport four to six people each. Metro connectivity to Greater Noida but Jewar is about 25 kilometres from Greater Noida city.
To bridge this gap, pod taxis are being considered. Pod taxis are a revolutionary mode of transport widely being used in many western countries.
6) Answer: B
Farmers in Rajasthan will get a monthly grant of Rs 1,000 under the ‘Kisan Mitra Urja Yojna’ which was launched by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
Under this scheme, for which an additional expenditure of Rs 1,450 crore will be incurred annually, electricity for agricultural purposes will become almost free for the small and medium category farmers in the state.
Gehlot stated a grant of Rs 1,000 monthly or a maximum of Rs 12,000 annually on electricity cost will be given on agriculture connections.
‘The main objective of the scheme is to provide economic support to the farmers’.The rate of agricultural electricity in the state is Rs. 5.55 per unit but farmers are being charged 90 paise per unit and the state government is bearing the remaining cost.
‘Due to subsidy on agricultural electricity rates, an economic burden of Rs 16,000 crore rupees is there on the state government every year and now an additional burden of Rs 1450 crore will also be borne for the welfare of the farmers’.
7) Answer: E
Ministry of Law and Justice informing that the ‘long-winding and cumbersome’ nomenclature ‘Common High Court of UT of Jammu and Kashmir and UT of Ladakh’ have been changed to ‘High Court of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh’.
President Ram Nath Kovind has signed the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2021, to effect the change.
“Present nomenclature is found to be rather long-winding and cumbersome. The nomenclature may be substituted as High Court of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh, which besides being convenient would also be in consonance with the name pattern followed in other common HCs”.
8) Answer: D
Bonalu, the traditional folk festival of Telangana, began at the Jagadambika Temple at the Golconda Fort in Hyderabad.
The religious procession started from Langar Houz and is on the way to the temple near Bala Hissar on top of the historic fort.
The three-kilometer procession will reach the temple. Ashada Bonalu is the Telangana state festival held in the month of Ashada, according to the Hindu calendar, celebrating Goddess Mahankali.
While the celebrations were going on, incessant has also impacted the narrow pathways around
9) Answer: A
The Andhra Pradesh government has issued fresh orders for the implementation of 10 per cent reservation for economically weaker sections (EWS) in education and employment, in accordance with the Constitution 103 Amendment Act.
The state government has, in fact, been implementing EWS reservation in education for the last two years following interim orders passed by the High Court in a writ petition.
Persons who are not covered under the existing scheme of reservations for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and socially and educationally backward classes, with a gross family income below Rs 8 lakh per annum, will get the benefit of EWS reservation.
10) Answer: C
Adani Group has taken over the management control over Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL).
The Adani Airport Holdings Ltd (AAHL), a subsidiary of Adani Enterprises Limited, has taken over the management control from the GVK Group.
Mumbai International Airport is India’s second busiest airport by both passenger and cargo traffic. “The larger objective is to reinvent airports as ecosystems that drive local economic development and act as the nuclei around which we can catalyze aviation-linked businesses.
These include metropolitan developments that span entertainment facilities, e-commerce and logistics capabilities, aviation dependent industries, smart city developments, and other innovative business concepts”.
11) Answer: A
Banks have been using digital banking for some time now. Digital banking helps consumers by bringing the bank to their homes.
With advances in technology, new developments have led to better and improved solutions. The Next-generation digital banking solutions that are now available allow banks to seamlessly integrate their services across multiple channels.
Apart from the core banking services, these solutions offer a host of other services making digital banking a value-adding experience for customers. The Next-generation digital banking solutions allow banks to offer a complete bouquet of services to customers.
12) Answer: B
The 2021 Cannes Film Festival officially came to an end with the awards ceremony in which this year’s competition jury named the best films and performances of the festival.
With Spike Lee serving as president, the jury featured director Mati Diop, singer/songwriter Mylène Farmer, actress/director Maggie Gyllenhaal, writer/director Jessica Hausner, actress/director Mélanie Laurent, writer/director Kleber Mendonça Filho, actor Tahar Rahim, and actor Song Kang-ho.
Find the full list of winners below.
- Palme d’Or: “Titane”
- Grand Prix: (tie) “A Hero” and “Compartment No. 6”
- Jury Prize: (tie): “Ahed’s Knee” and “Memoria”
- Best Actress: Renate Reinsve, “The Worst Person in the World”
- Best Actor: Caleb Landry Jones, “Nitram”
- Best Director: Leos Carax, “Annette”
- Best Screenplay: Ryusuke Hamaguchi, “Drive My Car”
- Camera d’Or: “Murina” by Antoneta Alamat Kusijanović
- Short Film Palme d’Or: Tian Xia Wu Ya by Tang Yi
- Special Jury Mention for Short Film: “Ceu de Agosto” by Jasmin Tenucci
13) Answer: D
The research to develop nutraceutical products from seaweeds for the treatment of lifestyle diseases including diabetes has brought national recognition to Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) principal scientist Kajal Chakraborthy.
He bagged the prestigious Norman Borlaug National Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research instituted by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) functioning under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
The award, which is announced every five years, carries a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh. Besides, the scientist will be given a research grant of Rs 1.5 crore for carrying out a challenging research project for five years.
14) Answer: A
Global Power Synergy Public Co Ltd, a unit of Thailand’s state-owned utility major PTT, has acquired 41.6% stake in Avaada Energy Pvt Ltd, an Indian renewable energy producer.
GRSC has invested by way of subscription of new shares approximately 41.6% of equity interest in Avaada with total investment of approximately THB 14,825 million (approx $454 million)
15) Answer: C
The two-day trilateral tabletop exercise TTX-2021, among the top defence officials from India, Sri Lanka and the Maldives was held from July 14 to July 15.
Enhancing mutual understanding and exchange of best practices procedures for countering common transnational crime .
During the TTX-2021 exercise the three countries discussed best practices and procedures for countering common transnational maritime crime like curbing narcotics and assistance in maritime search and rescue.
It was coordinated by the Maritime Warfare Centre, Mumbai, the Indian High Commission
Also, the exercise gained additional relevance in light of the successful Operation Sagar Aaraksha 2 executed in support of MV X-Press Pearl, the Singapore-flagged cargo ship that caught fire.
16) Answer: A
Vice President M. Venkaih Naidu received a book entitled ‘Urdu Poets and Writers – Gems of Deccan’ authored by senior journalist, J.S. Ifthekhar
The Book is Published by Woven Words Publishers OPC Private Limited.The book is an anthology of prose and poetry on the life and works of 51 outstanding poets and writers of the Deccan region.
It covers the rich literary and cultural traditions of Deccan,from Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah, the founder of Hyderabad, to the present times.
17) Answer: D
A New Book Titled India Versus China: Why They Are Not Friends Authored by Kanti Bajpa. The Book was published by the Juggernaut publishers.
About the Book:
The Book talks about the differences between India & China. The book examines the four key drivers of conflict between the
- Two Asian giants: negative elite perceptions of each other,
- Differences over perimeters ie) the borderlands and Tibet,
- Lacking trust and communication structures between civilian and military leaderships;
- A growing asymmetry on economic, military, and soft power capabilities
18) Answer: C
The Haryana Chief Minister unveiled a Coffee Table Book titled ‘UNTOLD stories’ of Haryana Police in Panchkula, Haryana.
The prologue of the book, penned by DGP Haryana Manoj Yadava, gives an overview of the role of police.
The book showcases the extraordinary and gallant work done by Police officers and men of Haryana Police during the Covid Pandemic.
The Book pays tribute to the 49 police martyrs who succumbed to the pandemic.
It specially features the ‘Karamveers’ of the Police department who have made extraordinary efforts beyond the call of duty, in enforcing the lockdown, providing assistance to the public or making them aware of Covid safety measures.
19) Answer: B
LA Polo Delhi in collaboration with Himalayan sports and cultural development organization and Polo Promotion Committee Kargil are working on a promotional documentary in Ladakh.
In Drass & Kargil, for this they are shooting different aspects of the Game in context with Ladakh particularly related to the traditional natural game of Polo.
An exhibition polo match was played between LA Polo Delhi and Himalayan Sports Drass at Goshan International Polo Stadium, (Shagaran)
The aim of the match was to generate interest among local youth towards the sport in the region.
20) Answer: E
On July 18, 2021, Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain), won the British Grand Prix 2021 for a record-extending eighth time at the Silverstone Circuit in the United Kingdom.
Monaco based Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) stood second place followed by Hamilton’s team mate Valtteri Bottas from Finland.
This win is the 99th of seven-times world champion Hamilton’s Formula One career, fourth of the current campaign and one of the more controversial in his long list of achievements.