Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 of 18th August 2021. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) Which among the following ministry has launched the ‘AmritMahotsavShri Shakti Challenge-2021’ to encourage technology solutions developed by Women Entrepreneurs?
(a)Ministry for Electronics and Information Technology
(b)Ministry for Women and Child development
(c)Ministry for Rural development
(d) Ministry for MSME
(e)Ministry for Culture
2) How many women entrepreneurshave been selected as winners for MeitY-NASSCOM Women Startup Entrepreneurs Awards by UN Women, Industry and Academia?
3) NitinGadkari has unveiled Vehicle Scrappage Policy. The car must be eligible for scrapping must be scrapped ____________days before or after the new car is registered
(a) 30 days
(b) 40 days
(c) 60 days
(d) 80 days
(e) 90 days
4) Ten more Handloom Design Resource Centres would be set up in the country by National Institute of Fashion Technology. In which among the following city the centre has not planned to set up?
5) Mahindra and Mahindra has got permission to conduct “drone-based agricultural trials” and use drones for precision spraying on paddy and hot pepper crop in which of the following states?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Only A & C
(e) All the Above
6) Hakainde Hichilema has been declared as the President of which of the following country?
7) Indian government has announced a new category of electronic visa to fast-track applications from Afghans who wish to leave the Taliban-controlled country. The new visa category is called_____________.
(a)e-Emergency Y-Misc Visa
(b)e-Emergency A-Misc Visa
(c)e-Emergency G-Misc Visa
(d)e-Emergency X-Misc Visa
(e)e-Emergency M-Misc Visa
8) The J&K Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha has launched the PROOF to bring more transparency and accountability to the system. What does R mean in PROOF?
9) The Maharashtra’s Environment Minister Aaditya Thackerayhas stated that the State Government’s ambitious target to achieve10 % share of electric vehicles in the market by _______________
10) The Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has launched the e-crop survey initiative project. The project has been developed by departments of revenue and agriculture along with ________.
(c) Tata Trust
(e) Reliance Industries
11) Which of the organisation has welcomed the announcement of Remission of Duties and Taxes on Export Products-RoDTEP rates by the Government?
(b) NITI Ayog
(c) Planning Commission
12) What is the annual rate of inflation for the month of July, 2021 as per the report of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade?
13) Which of the following bank has launched a “green and sustainable” deposits programme for retail clients, funds?
(a) Bank of Baroda
(b) HDFC Bank
(c) ICICI Bank
(d) Axis Bank
14) Which of the following organisation has created a composite Financial Inclusion Index to capture the extent of financial inclusion across the country?
15) Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador for Amwayfor its Nutrilite range of products?
(b)Ravi Kumar Dahiya
16) Which state government has been appointed VandanaKatariya as the brand ambassador of the state’s Department of Women Empowerment and Child Development?
(c) West Bengal
17) Who among the following has conferred the National Intellectual Property Awards at virtual event in New Delhi?
(a) Narendra Modi
18) The Odisha Hockey men’s team has won a bronze medalafter 41 years in which among the following games?
(a) Tokyo Olympics
(d)Rio de jeniroOlympics
(e) Moscow Olympics
19) Who among the following person has been honoured with lifetime achievement award by the Kerala Sahitya Akademifor the year 2020?
(d) K Reghunathan
20) The Adani Road Transport Ltd has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire ________% stake of Maharashtra Border Check Post Network Ltd.
21) The government of India would sell upto 25 % in _____________through an initial public offering
(a)Fertilizer Corporation of India
(d) National Seeds Corporation
(e)None of these
22) The bilateral Exercise Konkan 2021was held between India with which country?
(d) South Korea
23) According to the Center for Science and Environment’s Transparency Index rating, State Pollution Control Board of Odisha along with which state’s Pollution Control Board has ranked No-1?
(b) Himachal Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
(e) Tamil Nadu
24) As per the Quality of Life for Elderly Index ,which UT has achieved top- in Union Territory category?
(b) Jammu & Kashmir
(c) New Delhi
25) How many medals have been won by Indian contingent at the World Archery Youth Championships 2021 in Wroclaw, Poland?
26) The Odisha Government has extended the sponsorship for which among the following game by another 10 years after the current sponsorship ends in 2023?
27) Maki Kaji has passed away recently. He was a creator of _______________.
(e)None of these
1) Answer: A
Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology AshwiniVaishnaw launched the ‘AmritMahotsavShri Shakti Challenge-2021’ to encourage technology solutions developed by Women Entrepreneurs that facilitate Women’s Safety and Empowerment.
The aim is to empower women to help them achieve their full potential.
Minister hoped for enthusiastic participation in the Shri Shakti Challenge.
Mr Vaishnaw stated that the number of incubators and accelerators which is around 100 at present, is not sufficient for a country of over 130 crore population.
2) Answer: E
MeitY-NASSCOM Women Startup Entrepreneurs Awards is the first step to recognize and cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit in women and inspire the next generation of women to lead the Indian digital era so as to serve as guiding role models; to encourage promising entrepreneurs who not only contribute to the nation’s economy but also to the social community; And to provide leadership and serve as guiding examples for the emerging and young future entrepreneurs.
From MeitY, UN Women, Industry and Academia selected 12 women entrepreneurs as winners, while 2 women entrepreneurs were declared as the Jury Choice Awardees and one woman entrepreneur was felicitated as a special mention.
Each winner and Jury Choice Awards were awarded Rs. 2 Lakh.
3) Answer: C
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways NitinGadkari has stated that Vehicle Scrappage Policy is a win-win policy for all the stakeholders and for the country.
The policy will help bring down the air pollution which is a major concern for all.
The policy will boost the growth of the automobile sector, export and will bring competitiveness.
The Minister mentioned, the government wants to set up at least one scrapping centre and fitness centre in every district of the country.
However, more such centres can be opened in big cities.
The centres will generate more employment opportunities for the youth.
The National Automobile Scrappage Policy unveiled will benefit all stakeholders as it will boost manufacturing, create jobs and help both the Centre as well as state governments in earning up to Rs 40,000 crore each in GST.
A car qualifies for scrappage:
Cars eligible for scrapping must have been registered to the owner for at least 18 months prior to scrapping and must be scrapped 60 days before or after the new car is registered.
The used car must have a valid NCT certificate or one that expired less than 90 days before being scrapped.
4) Answer: B
The Ministry of Textiles has stated that ten more Handloom Design Resource Centres will be set up in the country with the aim to build and create design-oriented excellence in the Handloom sector.
It will also facilitate weavers, exporters, manufacturers and designers access design repositories for sample and product improvisation and development.
These Design Resource Centres will be set up by National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) at Weavers’ Service Centres of Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kannur, Indore, Nagpur, Meerut, Bhagalpur and Panipat.
The Ministry has roped in NIFT keeping in view the fact that it is an in-house organization of Ministry of Textiles of which Handloom also is a part.
5) Answer: D
The Civil Aviation Ministry gave conditional permission to 10 organizations, including Mahindra and Mahindra, Steel Authority of India (SAIL) and Bayer Crop Science, to use drones for various purposes.
Karnataka government is one of the 10 organizations and it has got the permission to conduct “drone based aerial survey for creating urban property ownership records in Bengaluru”.
Mahindra and Mahindra has got permission to conduct “drone-based agricultural trials” and use drones for precision spraying on paddy and hot pepper crop in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Two organisations — Gujarat-based Blue Ray Aviation and Telangana-based Asia Pacific Flight Training Academy — have been permitted to conduct “remote pilot training using drones”.
The National Health Mission in Mumbai has also got the permission to conduct experimental BVLOS (beyond visual line-of-sight) drone flights to deliver essential healthcare items in tribal areas of Jawhar in Palghar district of Maharashtra.
Gangtok Smart City Development has got the permission for drone-based aerial survey for its smart city project.
Chennai-based Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited has got the permission to conduct “drone-based aerial spraying” to assess crop health and prevent crop disease.
6) Answer: B
Zambian opposition leader HakaindeHichilema has been declared the winner of the presidential election.
Mr Hichilema defeated the incumbent, President Edgar Lungu, by a landslide – more than a million votes.
It was Mr Hichilema’s sixth attempt at winning the presidency.
His supporters have been celebrating on the streets of the capital, Lusaka.
Mr Lungu has accepted defeat and congratulated Mr Hichilema.
7) Answer: D
Indian government announced a new category of electronic visa to fast-track applications from Afghans who wish to leave the Taliban-controlled country.
The new visa category is called “e-Emergency X-Misc Visa”.
Thousands of people, desperate to flee the land-locked nation, have been thronging capital Kabul’s airport, after the Taliban seized the capital.
Five people died in chaos – it is not known yet whether by firing by US forces or a stampede.
“MHA reviews visa provisions in view of the current situation in Afghanistan.
A new category of electronic visa called “e-Emergency X-Misc Visa” introduced to fast-track visa applications for entry into India”.
8) Answer: A
The central government is working in a bid to bring more transparency and accountability to the system.
Recently, Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha in the same regard launched the PROOF ‘Photographic Record of On-site Facility’ app.
This application will help in uploading geo tagged photographs while preferring bills in the concerned treasuries against the budget allotted through the BEAMS application.
It will monitor and timely complete projects in time duration.
9) Answer: E
Maharashtra’s Environment Minister Aaditya Thackeray inaugurated the charging facility for electric vehicles at the parking lot of Mumbai’s Kohinoor building.
Mr. Thackeray stated, it is heartening to witness that efforts are being made on all fronts to make Maharashtra Electric Vehicle friendly.
The State Government had announced its new Electric Vehicle Policy last month with an ambitious target of having 10 per cent share of electric vehicles in the market by 2025.
It also aims to achieve 25 per cent share in public transport in Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad and Nashik.
10) Answer: C
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray launched the e-crop survey initiative which will become effective in Maharashtra from August 15.
The project, which was initially introduced as a pilot in two districts, is jointly implemented by the departments of revenue and agriculture along with the Tata Trust.
Chief Minister stated the concept will be a role model for the country, and the e-crop survey app is yet another initiative to reduce the hardships of the farmers as it would provide them crop-related information without hassles.
The CM mentioned his government had already introduced a digitized 7/12 document, which is an extract from the ‘Land Register’ that the farmers can now access on their mobile phones.
Earlier, farmers had difficulty accessing their 7/12 document.
CM informed that now we need to change with the times and adopt modern technology to ease the hardships of people.
11) Answer: A
Confederation of Indian Industry, CII has welcomed the announcement of Remission of Duties and Taxes on Export Products-RoDTEP rates by the Government.
The trade association stated the move will help traders to take advantage of global tailwinds.
The decision will help exporters to factor in the rates while finalizing new orders and create a level playing field for them in the international market.
The scheme will support India’s mission to achieve 400 billion dollars in exports.
12) Answer: E
The Office of the Economic Adviser, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) released index numbers of wholesale prices in India (Base Year: 2011-12) for the month of July, 2021.
It noted that is 11.16% (Provisional) for the month of July, 2021 (over July, 2020) as compared to (-0.25%) in July, 2020.
The high rate of inflation in July 2021 is primarily due to low base effect and rise in prices of crude petroleum & natural gas; mineral oils; manufactured products like basic metals; food products; textiles; chemicals and chemical products etc as compared the corresponding month of the previous year.
Primary articles group index increased by (1.05%) to 153.4 (provisional) in July, 2021 from 151.8 (provisional) for the month of June, 2021. Prices of Crude Petroleum & Natural Gas (7.91%), Non-food Articles (2.35%) and Food Articles (0.69%) increased in July, 2021 as compared to June, 2021. Prices of Minerals (-8.11%) declined in July, 2021 as compared to June, 2021.
Fuel & power group index increased by (0.53%) to 114.3 (provisional) in July, 2021 from 113.7 (provisional) for the month of June, 2021.
Prices of Mineral Oils (5.41%) increased in July, 2021 as compared to June, 2021.
Prices of Electricity (-11.61%) declined in July, 2021 as compared to June, 2021. Prices of coal remain unchanged.
13) Answer: B
The country’s largest mortgage lender, HDFC Ltd, launched a “green and sustainable” deposits programme for retail clients, funds from which will be used to finance sustainable housing credit solutions and services.
HDFC Ltd stated individuals can earn interest at 6.55 per cent on their deposits, whose period can range from 3-10 years.
Also, senior citizens will be eligible for an additional 0.25 per cent per annum on their deposits of up to Rs 2 crore.
Further, an additional interest rate of 0.1 per cent per annum will be applicable on these deposits up to Rs 50 lakh if the deposits are made through the company’s online platform.
Typically, HDFC Ltd offers 6.65 per cent interest rates on normal deposits.
So, people who want to opt for “green and sustainable” deposits will get 10 basis points lower in terms of return on deposits, which translates to Rs 100 on a deposit of Rs 1 lakh
14) Answer: D
The Reserve Bank of India has created a composite Financial Inclusion Index (FI-Index) to capture the extent of financial inclusion across the country.
The announcement regarding the creation of the Financial Inclusion Index was made in the first Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement for 2021-2022 on April 7.
The annual FI-Index for the period ending March 2021 is 53.9 against 43.4 for the period ending March 2017.
15) Answer: C
Amway India has appointed Olympian SaikhomMirabaiChanu as the brand ambassador for its Nutrilite range of products.
Chanu will spearhead the company’s campaigns focused on its foundation range such as Nutrilite Daily, Omega and All Plant Protein amongst others, across platforms.
The association with the Olympic medalist is in line with Amway’s focus on consolidating its health and nutrition category, especially targeting women and youth in the country.
16) Answer: B
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has appointed Team India’s hockey player VandanaKatariya as the brand ambassador of the state’s Department of Women Empowerment and Child Development.
The announcement was made at a programme organized to felicitate the recipients of the TiluRauteli Award and the Anganwadi Workers Award.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami earlier announced a cash reward of Rs 25 lakh to VandanaKataria for her stellar performance at the Tokyo Olympics.
17) Answer: D
Commerce and Industry Minister PiyushGoyal conferred the National Intellectual Property Awards at an virtual event in New Delhi.
Minister stated, technology and ideas are the twin engines of growth, Intellectual Property Rights IPR is the fuel that powers them and this award not only recognizes the innovative ideas of individuals and institutions but also serves as an inspiration for others.
He informed there is need to bring an Intellectual Property revolution for Inclusive Progress in the nation and strengthening IPR laws.
He mentioned it will boost job creation, quality, competitiveness and manufacturing.
The Minister stated that powered by Intellectual Property, India can be the Innovation Powerhouse of the world.
Mr Goyal noted that Intellectual Property Rights actually translates into India’s progress in real-time and extend Intellectual Property Right to India’s Prosperity Right.
18) Answer: E
The Odisha Hockey men’s team won a bronze, 41 years after it won a medal in the Moscow Olympics, while the women’s hockey team reached the semi-final for the first time.
The Odisha government signed a Rs.100 crore deal with Hockey India in 2018 to sponsor both the teams for the next five years.
The men’s and women’s hockey team of India that put up a sterling performance at the recent Tokyo Olympics landed in Bhubaneswar to a grand felicitation by Odisha government.
CM Patnaik felicitated four men and women hockey players of the state and gave them cash awards.
He gave cheques of Rs.2.5 crore each to Indian men’s hockey team vice-captain BirendraLakra and defender AmitRohidas and Rs.50 lakh each to Deep Grace Ekka and NamitaToppo of women’s team.
19) Answer: C
Malayalam writers Sethu and PerumbadavamSreedharan has been honoured with Kerala SahityaAkademi fellowships for the year 2020.
The fellowships comprise a purse of Rs 50,000, a gold locket, a shawl and a memento along with special membership of the Akademi.
Actor and former MP Innocent’s book ‘IrinjalakkudakkuChuttam’ was selected as the best book in the satire genre.
K R Mallika, K KKochu, MambuzhaKumaran, SidharthanParuthikkad, Chavara K S Pilla and M ARahman were selected for the lifetime achievement award by the Akademi.
The award is meant for writers above 60 years for their contribution to Malayalam literature.
Awards in various categories include:
- Poetry: O P Suresh (TajMahal)
- Novel: P F Mathews (Adiyalapretham)
- Short story: Unni R (Vanku)
- Drama: SreejithPoyilkkavu (Dwayam)
- Literary criticism: P Soman (VailopillyKavithaOruIdathupakshaVayana)
- Knowledge literature: T K Anandhi (MarxisaumFeminisavumCharithraparamayaVisakalanam)
- Biography: K Reghunathan (Mukthakantam VKN)
- Travelogue: Vidhu Vincent (DaivamOlivilPoyaNaalukal)
- Translation: AnithaThampi (RamallaNjanKandu) and SangeethaSreenivasan (UpekshikapettaDivasangal)
- Children’s literature: Priya A S (PerumazhayatheKunjithalukal)
20) Answer: A
On Aug 16, 2021, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL), Adani Road Transport Ltd (ARTL), has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire 49 percent stake of Maharashtra Border Check Post Network Ltd (MBCPNL) a Subsidiary of Sadbhav Infrastructure Project (SIPL) an option to acquire additional stake.
The Acquisition at an Enterprise Value of Rs 1,680 crore implying an attractive EBITDA multiple of 7x.
21) Answer: D
The government of India will sell up to 25 percent stake in National Seeds Corporation (NSC) through an initial public offering (IPO).
The Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) has invited bids from merchant bankers and legal advisors for working on the proposed IPO
The government has set a disinvestment target of ₹1.75 lakh crore for 2021-22 (April-March).
So far, it has raised about ₹8,368 crore by selling stake in Axis Bank, NMDC Ltd and Housing and Urban Development Corp (HUDCO).
22) Answer: C
INS Tabar is participating in the bilateral Exercise Konkan 2021 between the Indian Navy and Britain’s Royal Navy in Portsmouth, UK.
To enhance the interoperability, synergy and cooperation between both navies.
The harbour phase of the exercise, during which several professional interactions, sharing of best practices and harbour drills were also conducted.
23) Answer: A
State Pollution Control Board of Odisha & Telangana has been ranked No-1 in Transparency Index rating, according to the Center for Science and Environment(CSE), New Delhi.
The performance of all 31 state pollution control boards and pollution control committees operating in the country from 2016-2021 was taken into the assessment process,
Out of that only 17 have scored 50% or above in terms of Transparency.
17 States :
- Odisha, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Goa, Karnataka, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Kerala, Maharashtra, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan.
CSE transparency index :
- Odisha state pollution control board – 67 % Transparency
1.Telangana state pollution control board – 67 % Transparency
- TamilNadu state pollution control board – 65.7 % Transparency
- Madhya Pradesh state pollution control board – 64 % Transparency
- West Bengal state pollution control board – 62 % Transparency
- Goa state pollution control board – 60.6 % Transparency
24) Answer: E
The was released by Dr BibekDebroy, Chairman, Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM).
The Index has been created by the Institute for Competitiveness (IFC).
The Health System pillar observes the highest national average, 66.97 at an all-India level, followed by 62.34 in Social Well-being.
Financial Well-being observes a score of 44.7, which is lowered by the low performance of 21 States across the Education Attainment & Employment pillar, which showcases scope for improvement.
- Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh are top-scoring regions in Aged and Relatively Aged States, respectively.
- Chandigarh and Mizoram are top-scoring regions in Union Territory and North-East States category.
25) Answer: B
The Indian contingent won 15 medals at the World Archery Youth Championships 2021 in Wroclaw, Poland.
With 15 medals ( 8-Gold, 2-Silver, 5- Bronze ) India stands top, followed by France & Mexico second & third place respectively.
About World Archery Youth Championships :
- Two classes have been contested at the Youth World Championships:
- Junior (under 20)
- Cadet (under 17)
- There are events in cadet and junior categories using the recurve and compound bows
26) Answer: E
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced that the Odisha Government extended sponsorship of Indian National Hockey Teams by another 10 years after the current sponsorship ends in 2023.
- Recognition of their achievement and their potential to be the top teams in the world.
- In 2018, Odisha had signed a ₹100 crore deal with Hockey India for sponsoring the men’s and women’s teams for 5 years after Sahara India withdrew after getting entangled in legal issues.
27) Answer: B
Maki Kaji, the creator of puzzle Sudoku passed away. He was 69.
About Maki Kaji :
- Kaji was born in 1951 in Sapporo, Japan.
- He was the president of Nikoli Co., Ltd.
- He is a Japanese puzzle manufacturer & he is widely known as “the father of Sudoku” for his role in popularizing the number game.
- Kaji also invented or introduced various other puzzle games, such as Masyu