Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2022 of 20th May 2022. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2022 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) The World AIDS Vaccine Day or HIV Vaccine Awareness Day has been observed on which among the following day?
(a) May 16
2) The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled India’s first 5G test bedanticipated to cost Rs __________ crore
(a)Rs 100 crore
(b)Rs 127 crore
(c)Rs 180 crore
(d) Rs 220 crore
(e)Rs 255 crore
3) The Supreme Court has ordered the release of the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination suspect under which article?
(b) Article 178
(c) Article 156
(d) Article 144
(e) Article 187
4) Ashwini Vaishnaw has established the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) Centre at which among the following place?
(c) Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
(d) Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
(e) New Delhi, Delhi
5) Which among the following railway division has created the Navdoot a battery-powered dual-mode locomotive?
(a)South Western Railway
(b) West Central Railway
(c)South Central Railway
(d) East Coast Railway
(e) Northern Railway
6) The Prime Minister’s Office panel has suggested an urban job guarantee scheme as well as UBI. What is the full form of UBI?
(a)Universal Basic Income
(b)Urban Basic Income
(c)Urban Basic Insurance
(d)Universal Basic Insurance
(e)United Basic Income
7) The Prime Minister Modi has recently inaugurated which among the following state’s Startup Policy to address its startup community?
8) After the covid-19 pandemic a new virus known as _________ flu has discovered in southern India
(c) Beetroot flu
(e) Onion flu
9) Kerala has set to launch India’s 1st state-owned over-the-top (OTT) platform named __________
10) Nexcharge an India’s largest lithium-ion battery plant has begun its production in which among the following state?
(d) Arunachal Pradesh
11) Which among the following Indian Regulatory has notified the Rules to Strengthen Regulatory Framework for collective investment schemes (CIS)?
(c) NITI Aayog
12) As per the report released by the Reserve Bank of India Banking Frauds has dipped__________% to Rs 40,295 Crore
13) Which among the following country is presently the largest recipient of international remittances of about more than $89 billion?
14) The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) limited has appointed whom among the following as their chairman?
(b) S. S. Mundra
(c) R. Gandhi
(d)Harun R. Khan
(e) Dr. Viral V. Acharya
15) The Chief Secretary Sameer Sharma has got 2nd tenure extension for 6 months. He is the chief secretary of which among the following state?
(b) Andhra Pradesh
16) Gram Unnati has been appointed which among the following India’s Former Chief Election Commissioner as the Board’s New Chairman?
(a) Om PrakashRawat
(b)Achal Kumar Jyoti
(c) Sushil Chandra
(e) Sunil Arora
17) BhartiAirtel has reappointed Mr GopalVittal as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executing Officer (CEO) for a further period of ________ years
(a) 2 years
(b) 3 years
(c) 4 years
(d) 5 years
(e) 6 years
18) Eicher Motors has appointed who among the following as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Of Royal Enfield?
(a) B Govindarajan
19) India has appointed Seasoned diplomat Mr Naveen Srivastava as its new Ambassador to which among the following country?
(c) Sri Lanka
20) Which among the following Indian environmental scientist has elected to U.S. National Academy of Sciences?
(b)Chandi Prasad Bhatt
21) Who among the following has recently received the Order of the British Empire award by Her Majesty The Queen?
(b) Dinesh Bhavik
22) Cécile Ndjebet has won Wangari Maathai Forest Champions Award 2022. She belongs to which among the following country?
23) The Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has launched India-made Warships INS Surat & INS Udaygiri at which among the following ship builders?
(a)Mazagon Dock Limited, Mumbai.
(b) Cochin Shipyard Limited, Kochi.
(c) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers, Kolkata.
(d) Hindustan Shipyard Limited, Visakhapatnam.
(e) Goa Shipyard Limited.
24) DRDO & Indian Navy has successfully test fired naval anti-ship missile off Chandipur coast located in which among the following state?
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) Andhra Pradesh
25) Where is the headquarters of United Nation Industrial Development Organization located?
(c) New York
(e) None of these.
1) Answer: C
World AIDS Vaccine Day, also known as HIV Vaccine Awareness Day (HVAD), is observed annually on May 18th around the world to raise awareness and provide information about Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), a chronic, possibly deadly condition caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), and its immunisation.
World AIDS Vaccine Day was inspired from former United States President Bill Clinton’s speech on May 18, 1997, at Morgan State University in Maryland, United States of America (USA).
2) Answer: D
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi unveiled India’s first 5G testbed, allowing startups and industry companies to test and certify their technology in-house rather than relying on foreign facilities.
The testbed cost roughly Rs 220 crore to build.
While addressing the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s silver jubilee celebrations, the Prime Minister stated that the 5G testbed is a big step toward self-reliance in the direction of crucial and modern technology.
3) Answer: A
The Supreme Court applied Article 142 of the Constitution to extend exceptional powers to AG Perarivalan, a convict in the killing of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, to “perform thorough justice in any cause or issue standing before it”.
A bench of justices led by Mr L.N. Rao and Mr B.R. Gavai discharged Perarivalan after considering his lengthy detention.
4) Answer: B
Mr Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Cabinet Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Communications, and Railways, has inaugurated the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) Centre Leh, Ladakh Extension Centre Kargil, and IT Enabled Incubation Centre for Handicraft and Handloom Sector.
While inaugurating the NIELIT Centres in Leh and Kargil, as well as the Incubation Centre in Leh, Union Minister Shri.AshwiniVaishnaw reaffirmed the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s commitment to the development of the UT of Ladakh.
5) Answer: B
West Central Railway has created the Navdoot, a battery-powered dual-mode locomotive.
This engine operates in two modes: battery and electricity.
It is now being trialled during train shunting at Jabalpur, Mudwara, and other stations.
The Railway Board also awarded this Dual Mode Locomotive the Best Innovation Award.
6) Answer: A
The Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) has proposed that the government adopt a guaranteed employment programme for city residents as well as a Universal Basic Income (UBI) scheme to eliminate income gaps.
The research advised raising the minimum wage and expanding government investment in the social sector to make vulnerable groups more robust to shocks and prevent them from falling into poverty, citing the country’s uneven income distribution.
7) Answer: C
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi established the Madhya Pradesh Startup Policy and addressed it to the startup community via video conferencing at the Madhya Pradesh Startup Conclave in Indore.
The Prime Minister also unveiled the Madhya Pradesh Startup Portal, which would help and promote the state’s startup environment.
8) Answer: A
Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, a new infection named Tomato flu has been detected in parts of Kerala.
According to the reports, this dangerous virus has hit almost 80 children in the Kollam city of Kerala to date and it continues to rise.
It is targeting children below the age of five years.
9) Answer: C
The Government of Kerala will launch a first-of-its-kind initiative state-owned over-the-top (OTT) platform, named ‘CSpace‘, on November 1 (coinciding with the Kerals’s formation day).
The Platform offers film lovers an array of movies, short films and documentaries of their choice.
The name of the OTT platform as CSpace, revealed by Minister for Cultural Affairs ShriSajiCheriyan.
10) Answer: E
Nexcharge, a joint venture between India’s Exide Industries Limited and Swiss-based Leclanché SA, has started the mass production of the nation’s largest lithium-ion battery packs at its factory in Prantij, Gujarat.
The plant, which is spread across 6,10,098 sq ft (total area) is the largest in India for the production of li-ion battery packs and modules (pouch/ prismatic/ cylindrical).
The facility has 6 fully automated assembly lines and testing labs with an installed capacity of 1.5 GWh and will cater energy storage systems for India’s electric vehicle market and grid-based applications.
11) Answer: D
The market regulator Securities and Exchange board of India (SEBI) has enhanced the net worth criteria and track record requirements to strengthen the regulatory framework for collective investment schemes.
The rules, first notified in 1999, have not been reviewed since then.
To strengthen the regulatory framework for collective investment schemes as well as empowering the CIMCs to effectively discharge their responsibilities toward the investors.
12) Answer: C
The Reserve Bank of India has stated Public sector banks reported over 51% dip in the amount involved in frauds to Rs 40,295.25 crore during the financial year ended March 2022.
The 12 PSBs (Public Sector Banks) had reported frauds worth Rs 81,921.54 crore in preceding fiscal 2020-21.
However, the number of fraud cases fell to 7,940 frauds reported by the PSBs in 2021-22, against 9,933 incidents reported in FY21.
13) Answer: E
According to the World Bank, India will overtake Mexico as the top remittance-receiving country in 2021, relegating China to third place.
In 2021, India received more than $89 billion in remittances, an increase of 8% above the $82.73 billion received in 2020.
Even though the world was severely impacted by Covid in 2020, remittances were slightly greater than the non-Covid year of 2019.
14) Answer: B
The BSE Limited appointed Mr.Subhash Sheoratan Mundra, Public Interest Director as the Chairman of the board of directors of the company.
He will replace Justice Vikramajit Sen.
Mr Mundra, a Post Graduate from University of Poona, is a Fellow Member of Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (FIIB).
15) Answer: B
The Center announced that the tenure of Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary Mr Sameer Sharma is extended for another 6 months from May 21, 2022, to November 31, 2022.
This is the 2nd tenture extension of Sameer Sharma as chief secretary.
The Center accepted the states request and granted a second extension for a further 6 months relaxing Rule 16 (1) of the All India Services (Death-cum-Retirement Benefits) Rules, 1958, by invoking Rule 3 of AIS (Conditions of Service-Residuary Matters) Rules, 1960.
16) Answer: E
A full-stack agricultural value chain service provider Gram Unnati, has appointed Mr Sunil Arora, former chief election commissioner (CEC) as its board’s new chairman (non-executive).
Mr Sunil Arora is a 1980 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of Rajasthan cadre with rich leadership experience spanning over 36 years.
He has served as Secretary to two key ministries i.e. The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (I&B) and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
17) Answer: D
BhartiAirtel has reappointed Mr GopalVittal as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executing Officer (CEO) for a further period of 5 years i.e. from February 01, 2023 to January 31, 2028.
The reappointment came on a day the telco posted consolidated net profit at Rs 2,007.8 crore in the March quarter, up 141% sequentially and 164% on year. Analysts had estimated net profit of around Rs 1,970 crore.
18) Answer: A
The parent company of Royal Enfield, Eicher Motors Mr B Govindarajan as the Chief Executive Officer of Royal Enfield.
Mr B Govindarajan will also serve as the Wholetime Director of the Board of Eicher Motors Limited.
Mr Govindarajan has been with Eicher Motors for more than 23 years.
He was the Chief Operating Officer of the motorcycle brand since 2013.
19) Answer: B
India has appointed Seasoned diplomat Mr Naveen Srivastava as its new Ambassador to Nepal.
Mr Srivastava succeeded Mr Vinay Kumar Kwatra, who completed his Nepal assignment in April after he was appointed foreign secretary.
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) announced the appointment of Naveen Srivastava a day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid a visit to Lumbini in Nepal.
20) Answer: D
India-born conservation biologist Dr Kamal Bawa, has been elected to the US National Academy of Sciences.
The election is the reaffirmation of our important work on the ecology, conservation, and management of tropical forests that are declining all over the world but are critical to humanity’s well-being.
Dr Kamal Bawa is president of the Bengaluru-based Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and Environment (ATREE).
21) Answer: D
Piramal Group chairman Mr Ajay GopiKishanPiramal has received an honorary commander of the order of the British Empire (CBE) by Her Majesty The Queen.
Mr Piramal has received the award for services to the UK-India trade relationship as India Co-Chair of the UK-India CEO Forum.
As co-chair of India-UK CEO forum since 2016, the endeavour has been to help strengthen the strong bilateral relations between the two countries through greater economic co-operation.
22) Answer: E
Cameroon activist and board member of the African Forest Forum, Ms Cecil Ndjebet has won the 2022 WangariMaathai Forest Champions Award.
The award was given for recognition of her outstanding contribution to preserving forests and improving the lives of people who depend on them.
The award celebrates Cécile Ndjebet’s energy and dedication over three decades in promoting women’s rights to land and forests.
23) Answer: A
Defence minister ShriRajnath Singh launched two made-in-India warships ‘Surat’ and ‘Udaygiri’ at the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
This is the first time that the two indigenously built warships have been launched together.
Surat is the fourth guided missile destroyer of P15B class, while Udaygiri is the second stealth frigate of P17A class.
24) Answer: C
Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Indian Navy successfully conducted maiden flight-test of indigenously-developed Naval Anti-Ship Missile launched from a Naval Helicopter from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
It is the first indigenous air launched anti-ship missile system for the Indian Navy.
The missile followed the desired sea skimming trajectory and reached the designated target with high degree of accuracy, validating the control, guidance and mission algorithms.
25) Answer: A
Headquarters of United Nation Industrial Development Organization is located at Vienna, Austria