Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2022 of 21st May 2022. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2022 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) The International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia has been observed on which among the following date?
(a) May 16
2) The World Bee Day has been observed on 20th of May. It is observed by which among the following international organization?
(a)Food and Agriculture Organization
(b) World Health Organization
(c) United Nations Environment Programme
(d) United Nations Development Programme
(e) United Nations General Assembly
3) The National Endangered Species Day has been observed on 20th May. What is the theme of this year National Endangered Species Day 2022?
(a)Sustaining all life on Earth
(b) Life below water for people and planet
(c) Healthy Species Healthy Life Cycle
(d)Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration
(e) None of These
4) The Government of India has established The Cotton Council of India.It is headed by whom among the following?
(b)Chandra Shekhar Nopany
(c)Suresh Bhai Kotak
(d) J.L. Oswal
5) The Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has unveiled which among the following project during the Plumbex India Exhibition?
(a) BHARAT PIPE
(d) BHARAT WATER
6) As per the report, The Madame Tussauds Wax Museum would be open in which among the following place of India?
(b) New Delhi, Delhi
(c) Surat, Gujarat
(d) Pune, Maharashtra
(e) Noida, UttarPradesh
7) The _____________ meeting of the National Startup Advisory Council has presided over by Piyush Goyal
(a) First Meeting
(b) Second Meeting
(c) Third Meeting
(d) Fourth Meeting
(e) Fifth Meeting
8) As per the report released by theGovernment of Punjab, it has approved Rs _________ per acre incentive for farmers to produce rice through direct seeding of rice (DSR) technique.
(a)Rs 1,000 per acre
(b)Rs 1,250 per acre
(c) Rs 1,500 per acre
(d)Rs 1,800 per acre
(e)Rs 2,000 per acre
9) Which among the following state or Union Territory has Organized First ever Bird Festival to promote sustainable ecotourism?
(b) Jammu & Kashmir
(d) Himachal Pradesh
10) As per the report by the Union Government, the Wholesale inflation in India has reached a new high of __________ percent in April 2022.
(a) 15.08 percent
(b) 16.12 percent
(c) 13.27 percent
(d) 11.41 percent
(e) 17.69 percent
11) The S&P Global Ratings Financial services company has slashed India’s Economic Growth Forecast to ___________% from 7.8% for the Financial Year FY23.
12) Anil Baijal has resigned from his position. He was a Lieutenant Governor of which among the following Union Territory?
(d) Jammu and Kashmir
13) Ms.Aruna Singh has taken an additional charge as the Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of which among the following organization?
(a)Rail India Technical and Economic Service
(d)Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation
(e)Indian Railway Finance Corporation
14) Which among the following bank has won 6 National Awards from Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)?
(a)Tamil Nadu Grama Bank
(b) Uttarakhand Gramin Bank
(c) Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank
(d)Karnataka VikasGrameena Bank
(e) Andhra Pradesh GrameenaVikas Bank
15) Journalist Wesley Morgan has won Colby award for his ______________book.
(a)Ten Years in Afghanistan’s Pech Valley Wesley Morgan
(b)The Hardest Place: The American Military Adrift in Afghanistan’s Pech Valley
(c)A Suitable Boy
(d) The God of Small Things
(e) Red Earth and Pouring Rain
16) The 2022 Billboard Music Awards Winners have announced recently. Who among the following won the Top Artist award?
(c) Taylor Swift
(d) Ed Sheeran
(e) Morgan Wallen
17) The Competition Commission of India has approved the acquisitions by Sanoti Properties LLP of shareholding in Magma HDI & by Serum Institute Life Sciences-Biocon Biologics deal under which ACT?
(a) Competition Act, 2001
(b) Competition Act, 2002
(c)Competition Act, 2003
(d)Competition Act, 2004
(e)Competition Act, 2005
18) Which among the following aircraft developed by National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL) has successfully completed engine relight?
(b) Dornier 228
(c) HAL Rudra
(e) IAI Heron
19) Which country has successful tested a hypersonic weapon, flew at five times the speed of sound?
(a) United States of America
(e) North Korea
20) As per the report released by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) a giant _________-feet asteroid is heading towards earth.
21) According to the United Nations Global Land Outlookreport, which among the following country is among 23 drought-hit countries?
(d) North Korea
(e) Sri Lanka
22) Preeti Shenoy’s new novel, ‘A Place Called Home,’ would be published by which among the following publication?
(a)Harper Collins Publishers
(b) MacMillan India
(c) Hachette India
(d) Penguin Random House
(e) Bloomsbury India
23) EFTPOS stands for _______________________
(a)Exchange Funds Transfer At Point Of Sale
(b) Employees Funds Transfer At Point Of Sale
(c) Electronic Funds Transfer At Point Of Sale
(d) Earnings Funds Transfer At Point Of Sale
(e) None of these
24) In which of the following state Kanjirankulam Birds Sanctuary is located?
(d) Andhra Pradesh
25) In which country the Headquarters of World Economic Forum is there?
1) Answer: B
The International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, and Transphobia is observed on May 17, with the purpose of coordinating international events to raise awareness of LGBT rights violations and encourage interest in LGBT rights to work worldwide.
Until now, there have been commemorations in over 130 countries.
Despite advances, consensual same-sex partnerships remain banned in roughly 70 countries.
2) Answer: A
On May 20, the world celebrates World Bee Day.
The purpose of World Bee Day is to recognise the importance of bees and other pollinators in the ecosystem.
This year Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) will celebrate World Bee Day through a virtual event, under the theme “Bee Engaged: Celebrating the diversity of bees and beekeeping systems”
3) Answer: D
Every year on the third Friday of May, people all over the world commemorate National Endangered Species Day.
The day is observed on May 20 this year.
The National Endangered Species Day theme 2022 is Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration.
4) Answer: C
The Union Government has announced the establishment of the Cotton Council of India, which would be led by renowned veteran cotton man Suresh BhaiKotak.
Textile, Agriculture, Commerce, and Finance Ministries, as well as Cotton Corporation of India and Cotton Research Institute, will be represented on the Council.
Mr Goyal also urged the spinning and trade community to ensure a smooth supply of cotton and yarn to the local industry first.
5) Answer: B
Honourable Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs, Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri launched the Plumbex India Exhibition ceremony.
He also introduced the Bharat Tap initiative, which will produce low-flow fixtures and sanitaryware to assist India in entering a new era of water conservation and sustainable growth.
Plumbex India, a three-day event held in New Delhi’s PragatiMaidan, is the country’s largest single exposition of plumbing, water, and sanitation goods.
6) Answer: E
Madame Tussauds’ wax museum is returning to India.
The museum will be housed in a mall in Noida, Uttar Pradesh
The new venue will showcase 50 Indian and worldwide celebrities from sports, entertainment, history, and music.
Visitors will be able to get up close and personal with celebrities as well as some of their most iconic moments at Madame Tussauds India.
7) Answer: D
The 4th meeting of the National Startup Advisory Council (NSAC) was presided over by ShriPiyushGoyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, and Textiles.
The Minister assured the crowd that the government will continue to support the growth of the startup ecosystem.
He applauded the work of NSAC members and encouraged them to focus on tier 2 and tier 3 areas, where VC funding is rare.
8) Answer: C
The Punjab Cabinet approved an incentive of Rs 1,500 per acre for farmers sowing paddy through direct seeding of rice (DSR) technique.
The incentive scheme was approved by the Cabinet in a meeting headed by chief minister ShriBhagwant Mann.
A total of ₹450 crore has been earmarked to provide incentive to farmers for promotion of the less water consuming and cost-effective DSR technique.
9) Answer: B
Jammu & Kashmir will soon organize the first of its kind, Bird Festival to promote sustainable ecotourism and give impetus to nature-based alternative sources of livelihood to the local people.
The festival is being planned to be held in Pahalgam and Dachigam areas.
This was disclosed in a meeting of officers held here chaired by Secretary, Tourism & Culture, Mr Sarmad Hafeez.
10) Answer: A
Wholesale inflation in India reached a three-decade high in April, as rising commodity prices and supply-chain disruptions increased businesses’ input costs.
In April 2022, the annual rate of inflation was 15.08 percent (Provisional), compared to 10.74 percent in April 2021.
The WPI Food Index-based inflation rate climbed somewhat from 8.71 percent in March 2022 to 8.88 percent in April 2022.
11) Answer: C
S&P Global Ratings cut India’s growth projection for the current fiscal to 7.3 percent from 7.8 percent earlier on rising inflation and the longer-than-expected Russia-Ukraine conflict.
In December 2021, S&P had pegged India’s GDP growth in the 2022-23 fiscal, which began on April 1, 2022, at 7.8 percent & for the next fiscal the growth has been pegged at 6.5 percent.
12) Answer: E
Delhi Lieutenant Governor Shri Anil Baijal has submitted his resignation to President Shri Ram NathKovind citing personal reasons.
ShriBaijal, a 1969-batch AGMUT cadre, short for Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory, IAS officer.
He has served as the Chairman of Delhi Development Authority & additional Home Secretary in the I&B Ministry & Chief Secretary of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
13) Answer: B
Ms Aruna Singh has taken over the additional charge of the post of Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of RailTel Corporation of India Limited (RailTel) .
Ms Aruna Singh is a 1985 batch Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers (IRSSE) officer.
14) Answer: D
Karnataka VikasGrameena Bank (KVGB), has bagged 6 National Awards in different Categories for outstanding achievement under enrolment of Atal Pension Yojana (APY) from Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
Mr. P Gopi Krishna, Chairman, KVGB received the Awards from Mr. SupratimBandyopadhyay, Chairman, PFRDA in a Summit held at Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
The Bank has enrolled (Cumulative) 264817 accounts under APY.
15) Answer: B
Author and journalist Mr Wesley Morgan has won the William E. Colby Award for his book titled The Hardest Place: The American Military Adrift in Afghanistan’s Pech Valley.
Previous winners of the Colby award include Dexter Filkins, Karl Marlantes and Adam Higginbotham.
16) Answer: A
The Billboard Music Awards 2022 honors the artists across genres whose music has received the most fanfare over the past year were held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
It was hosted by Sean Diddy Combs and gave out trophies to the musicians who have achieved success via album and song sales and streams, touring, radio play and social engagement.
- Top Artist – Drake
- Top New Artist – Olivia Rodrigo
- Top Male Artist – Drake
- Top Female Artist – Olivia Rodrigo
17) Answer: B
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved acquisitions of a majority stake in Magma HDI General Insurance Company Ltd by Sanoti Properties LLP & proposed deal Covidshield Technologies Pvt Ltd (CTPL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Serum Institute of Life Sciences, will be merged into Biocon Biologics Limited.
Under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002, acquisition of 55.39 percent of the total equity share capital of Magma HDI General Insurance Company Limited by Sanoti Properties LLP has been approved.
18) Answer: D
The new generation two-seater flying trainer aircraft, HANSA-NG designed and developed by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL), successfully completed in-flight engine relight test at the aeronautical test range (ATR) facility of Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) at Challakere in Chitradurga district, Karnataka.
The aircraft had completed the sea level trials in Puducherry from February 19 to March 5.
19) Answer: A
The US Air Force had conducted a successful test of a hypersonic weapon, which flew at five times the speed of sound.
The Air Force stated that a B-52H Stratofortress bomber launched an AGM-183A Air-launched Rapid Response Weapon (ARRW) off the coast of Southern California.
The 419th Flight Test Squadron and the Global Power Bomber Combined Test, both headquartered at Edwards Air Force Base in California, conducted the test.
20) Answer: B
According to the American space agency National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), has stated that a giant space rock Asteroid 388945 (2008 TZ3) 1,600 feet wide would make a close approach to earth.
The asteroid would pass us from a distance of about 2.5 million miles away.
This is not the first time that Asteroid 388945 will be visiting us, as it passed very close to Earth in May 2020 at a distance of 1.7 million miles.
21) Answer: C
According to the United Nations Global Land Outlook report, released by the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), Pakistan is one of 23 nations that have experienced drought in the past two years (2020-2022).
The report was released ahead of the UN Desertification and Drought Day on June 17, 2022.
The highest total number of humans affected by drought was in Asia.
22) Answer: A
Bestselling novelist PreetiShenoy is scheduled to release a new novel titled “A Place Called Home,” which is set at a coffee estate in Sakleshpur, Karnataka, and has a strong female protagonist.
The new book is about secrets, family, and discovering oneself.
The book will be launched in June 2022 by HarperCollins Publishers India.
23) Answer: C
EFTPOS – Electronic Funds Transfer At Point Of Sale
24) Answer: C
Kanjirankulam Bird Sanctuary is a 1.04 km² Protected area near Mudukulathur Ramanathapuram District, Tamil Nadu
25) Answer: A
The World Economic Forum (WEF) is an international non-governmental and lobbying organisation based in Cologny, canton of Geneva, Switzerland