Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 of 24th September 2021. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) Which among the following department has observed the ‘VanijyaSaptah’ during the period September 20-26, 2021?
(a) Department of Financial Services
(b) Department of Investment and Public Asset Management
(c) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
(d) Department of Revenue
(e) Department of Commerce
2) The government has constituted a task force to firm up a sustainable finance road map for India. Who has headed the committee?
(a) TV Somanathan
(b) Ajay Seth
(c) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
(d) Amit Khare
(e) Syed Ali Raza Rizvi
3) The Union Education Ministry has constituted a __________ member national steering committee under the chairmanship of K Kasturirangan to develop the new national curriculum framework.
4) Which among the following has been decided to set up an e-commerce regulatory body to monitor the sector properly?
5) What edition of Himalayan Film Festival has been inaugurated by Anurag Thakur at Leh, Ladakh?
6) Which among the following state has set up a tea park to have rail and port connectivity, cargo and warehouse amenities, processing facilities under one roof?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
7) What is the projected growth rate of India for the current financial year 2021-22, according to the report from Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development?
8) ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Limited signed a merger deal with Sony Pictures Networks India Private Limited. How much percentage of stakes will be hold by ZEEL?
9) Which among the following bank has tied up with OneCard for a mobile first credit card recently?
(a) South Indian Bank
(c) Federal Bank
(d) Axis Bank
(e) RBL Bank
10) The public sector banks have created a step-down asset management company named India Debt Resolution Company with a capital of __________ crore along with three first directors.
(a) ₹ 25 Crore
(b) ₹ 20 Crore
(c) ₹ 15 Crore
(d) ₹ 10 Crore
(e) ₹ 50 Crore
11) Which among the following small Finance Bank has announced the inauguration of its first branch in Kochi, Kerala?
(a) ESAF Small Finance Bank
(b)Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
(c) Jana Small Finance Bank
(d)Equitas Small Finance Bank
(e)Suryadoy Small Finance Bank
12) The Prime Minister of Bangladesh has bagged the SDG Progress award at the 9th Annual International Conference. The event was virtually organized by which among the following?
(e) Both (a) & (c)
13) Who among the following has been chosen for the 2021 Changemaker Award for her/his work promoting good health and well-being?
(b)Abdus Salam Talukder
(c)Khandaker Delwar Hossain
(d) Islam Alamgir
(e)Fairooz Faizah Beether
14) How many beaches have received the Blue Flag certification this year to make the number of such beaches in the country to 10?
15) Which among the following has partnered with the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics to improve food, nutrition security and livelihoods in India against the impacts of climate change?
(a)United Nations World Food Programme
(b) United Nations Environment Programme
(c) Food and Agricultural Organization
(d) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
(e) Both (c) & (d)
16) Umeno Sumiyama and Koume Kodamaare officially breaking the record for the world’s oldest living identical twins. They belong to which among the following country?
17) Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a three day visit to which among the following countries?
18) CA Rover Holdings has sold _______________% stake in SBI Cards and Payment Services Ltd for ₹3,267 crore.
19) The book titled ‘Kathmandu Dilemma: Resetting India-Nepal Ties’ has been authored by whom among the following?
(c) Sanjay Gubbi
20) Pankaj Advani has defeated Babar Masih to clinch the IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup 2021 final held in Doha. Babar Masih belongs to which country?
(d) Saudi Arabia
21) FIH Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2021 will be hosted by which among the following cities?
(e) Both (a) & (b)
1) Answer: E
- To celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and its glorious history, the Ministry of Commerce & Industry is organizing special events and programmes throughout the week as part of the ‘AzadiKaAmritMahotsav’ celebrations.
- The Department of Commerce is observing the ‘VanijyaSaptah’ (Trade & Commerce Week) during the period 20-26 September, 2021.
- A slew of programmes and events are organized across the country highlighting Aatmanirbhar Bharat, Showcasing India as a Rising Economic Force and Green &Swachh SEZs besides handholding sessions focusing on ‘From Farm to Foreign Lands’ and exporter conclaves, ‘VanijyaUtsav’, covering all 739 districts of the country.
- In West Bengal,state government and Export And Market Development Assistance (E&MDA) helped the Directorate General of Foreign Trade(DGFT) to organized 2 days ‘VanijyaUtsav’ (Trade & Commerce Festival) at Viswa Bangla Convention Centre , NewTown, Kolkata.
2) Answer: B
- The government has constituted a task force under economic affairs secretary Ajay Seth to firm up a sustainable finance road map for India, a senior government official told Financial Express.
- The task force will recommend ways to strengthen the resilience of the country’s financial sector against risks emanating from various climates and environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
- It will lay out ways to grow sustainable finance in India and set a clear time frame for their implementation.
- As part of this initiative, a survey is also being undertaken with the help of the United Nations Development Programme (India) to assess climate and ESG resilience in India’s financial sector.
3) Answer: C
- The Union education ministry constituted a 12-member national steering committee to develop the new national curriculum framework (NCF) in line with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- The committee will be headed by K Kasturirangan, who had also led the NEP 2020 drafting committee.
- The national curriculum framework serves as a guideline for syllabus, textbooks, teaching and learning practices in the country.
- India is currently following its fourth national curriculum framework that was published by the NCERT in 2005.
- Officials at the education ministry stated the timeline for the development of new framework is three years
4) Answer: A
- The Bangladesh government will set up an e-commerce regulatory body to monitor the sector properly.
- Commerce Minister TipuMunshi stated that the government will enact a detailed e-commerce law also to regulate this sector.
- The announcement comes after a major e-commerce company of Bangladesh allegedly cheated consumers worth hundreds of crores taka.
- The Minister assured that legal action will be taken against the company who cheated consumers.
- Law ministry has been asked to suggest the ways to solve the issue.
- Companies like Evaly and Alesha Mart spent a huge amount of money on advertisement and sponsorships.
- Every company must obtain a unique Business Identification Number (BIN) from the commerce ministry, reports the official news agency BSS.
5) Answer: B
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur will inaugurate the first edition of the Himalayan Film Festival (THFF).
- The festival spanning five days is being held at Leh, Ladakh from September 24 to 28.
- Ladakh is hosting THFF 2021 as part of the celebrations of ‘AzadiKaAmritMahotsav’ for commemorating 75 years of India’s Independence.
- The inaugural of the festival will witness the presence of makers and cast of the recently released movie ‘Shershah’, including director Vishnuvardhan and lead actor SiddharthMalhotra.
- The five-day festival also aims to create an interactive and exposure platform to promote aspiring local filmmakers and to showcase Ladakh as an attractive film destination.
- The festival is being organised by Lehin collaboration with the Directorate of Film Festivals under the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and will be held at the SindhuSanskriti Kendra at Leh, having digital projection facilities.
- The 5-day festival will comprise various segments to enthral the audience and film buffs alike.
6) Answer: C
- Industries and Commerce minister Chandra Mohan Patowary stated Assam is setting up a tea Park at Chayygaon in Kamrup District which will have rail and port connectivity, cargo and warehouse amenities, processing facilities like tea grinding, blending, packaging and other utility services under one roof.
- Coinciding with AzadiKaAmritMahotsav of 75 years of Indian Independence, Tea Board of India; Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India & Industries, State Industries, Commerce and Public Enterprise Department has organized a two-day ‘VanijyaUtsav& Mega Export Conclave’ from September 21-22 in Guwahati.
7) Answer: E
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) cut its projection of India’s economic growth by 0.2 percentage points to 9.7 per cent for the current financial year.
- The economy was projected by the grouping of advanced nations to grow by 7.9 per cent next financial year, 0.3 percentage point slower than pegged by it earlier.
- If the projections come out to be correct, India’s economy would be the fastest growing large economy in both these years.
- It would be followed by China at 8.5 per cent in 2021 and Spain at 6.6 per cent in 2022.
- China is pegged to be slowing down to 5.8 per cent in the next calendar year.
8) Answer: B
- ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) signed a merger deal with Sony Pictures Networks India Private Limited.
- Zee Entertainment will hold 47.07 percent stake, while Sony India will hold a majority stake of 52.93 per cent in the merged company.
- PuneetGoenka will continue to provide services to the merged company as MD and CEO for a period of 5 years.
- After the deal, promoters of Sony will have the right to appoint the majority of directors to the merged company.
- The merged entity will be a publicly listed company.
9) Answer: C
- Federal Bank announced a tie-upwithOneCard for a mobile-first credit card that targets the country’s young, tech-savvy population.
- It will target young working professionals aged 23-35, primarily representing the millennials and Gen Z.
- The bank is betting on the retail portfolio and anticipates a peak in consumer credit this festive season on the back of an economic revival.
10) Answer: E
- After setting up the National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL), the public sector banks (PSBs) have created a step-down asset management company named India Debt Resolution Company (IDRCL) with a capital of Rs 50 crore along with three first directors — Narayan KeelveedhiSeshadri, ArvindSadashivMokashi, and AnilrajChellan.
- PSBs will own 49 per cent of IDRCL, tasked with the resolution and restructuring of bad loans bought by the NARCL.
- Mokashi is a three-decade SBI veteran with extensive experience in banking.
- Seshadri, a chartered accountant, has worked with names like Arthur Anderson and KPMG.
- He has been on the board of several companies as an independent director.
- There are plans to attract professionals in the management of affairs of the IDRCL but there is also a possibility of both public and private sector banks dispatching their professionals on deputation to take care of their interests.
- The past experience of private ARCs shows that the IDRCL has to attract turnaround professionals and experts to revive the assets.
11) Answer: B
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank Limited has announced the inauguration of its first branch in Kerala at Kochi.
- The bank has 600 branches in 201 districts spread across 18 states and 2 Union Territories.
- Govind Singh, MD & CEO, Utkarsh SFBL, stated, “The city has numerous factors that contribute towards the growth of commerce and trade, and we are in a position to provide banking and financial services to various categories of business and more.
- The bank is in a position to provide an array of financial products and services to its customers, including savings and current accounts, fixed deposits and recurring deposits along with various loan products such as housing loans, business loans and loan against property.
12) Answer: B
- The award was given to the prime minister as part of the 9th Annual International Conference on Sustainable Development in New York.
- The virtual event was jointly organisedby the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) and other organisations including the Master of Development Practice (MDP) and the Earth Institute of Columbia University.
- “SDSN and several other organisations have presented Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina with the award in recognition of Bangladesh’s surprising achievements from 2015 to 2020.
- She dedicated the award to the people of Bangladesh,” Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen stated in a media briefing in New York afterwards.
13) Answer: E
- FairoozFaizahBeether of Bangladesh has been chosen for the 2021 Changemaker Award for her work promoting good health and well-being by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- The Award celebrates an individual who has inspired change using personal experience or from a position of leadership.
14) Answer: E
- The two beaches to receive the certification this year are Kovalam in Kerala and Eden in Puducherry.
- The Kovalam beach in Chennai and Eden beach in Puducherry have now been awarded the prestigious ‘’Blue Flag’’ certification, an international eco-level tag taking the number of such beaches in the country to 10.
- “India has now 10 International blue flag beaches with the addition of Kovalam and Eden beaches this year and recertification for 8 beaches which got the tag in 2020.
- The Foundation for Environment Education (FEE), Denmark, which accords the Blue Flag certification, has also given re-certification for eight nominated beaches – Shivrajpur-Gujarat, Ghoghla-Diu, Kasarkod and Padubidri-Karnataka, Kappad-Kerala, Rushikonda- Andhra Pradesh, Golden-Odisha and Radhanagar- Andaman and Nicobar, which were awarded the Blue Flag certificate last year.
- These eight beaches got the Blue Flag certification on October 6, 2020.
15) Answer: A
- The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) have partnered on programmes and research to improve food, nutrition security and livelihoods in India against the impacts of climate change.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed byBishowParajuli, WFP India Representative and Country Director, and Dr Jacqueline Hughes, Director General, ICRISAT.
- WFP and ICRISAT will work jointly to promote research, advocacy and raising awareness on traditional nutritious crops, undertaking food and nutritional security analysis and adaptation strategies, among other engagements, as part of the MoU.
16) Answer: C
- On September 1, sisters UmenoSumiyama and Koume Kodamaturned 107 yearsand 300 days old, officially breaking the record for the world’s oldest living identical twins.
- The Japanese siblings are also the oldest identical twins to have ever lived.
- They were the third and fourth of 11 siblings.
- Previously, Kin Narita and Gin Kanie, also sisters from Japan, held the title of oldest living identical twins.
- At the time of Narita’s death in January 2000, the pair were107 years and 175 days old.
- Kanie died the following March, at age 108, notes Hanako Montgomery for Vice.
17) Answer: B
- Prime Minister NarendraModihas embarked on a three-day visit to the United States from September 22 to 25.
- To strengthen the Indo-US Comprehensive Global Strategic Partnership and consolidate ties with Japan and Australia.
- He will address the UN General Assembly and attend the Quad Summit as well as hold a bilateral meeting with US President Joe Biden at the White House.
- This is Prime Minister Modi’s first visit abroad beyond the neighbourhood since the Covid-19 pandemic outbreak.
- He is accompanied by a high-level delegation consisting of National Security Advisor AjitDoval and senior officials including Shringla.
- PM Modi and President Biden are expected to discuss ways to stem radicalisation and combat terrorism.
- They are also expected to discuss ways to bolster defence, trade ties, security collaborations and clean energy partnership among others
- PM Modi and Biden will discuss the current regional security situation following the recent developments in Afghanistan.
18) Answer: C
- CA Rover Holdings, part of the Carlyle Group, sold 3.4% stake in SBI Cards and Payment Services Ltd for ₹3,267 crore through open market transactions.
- The shares were sold at an average price of Rs 1,021.05.
- CA Rover Holdings is a subsidiary of the Carlyle Group.
- CA Rover Holdings held a 6.5 per cent stake in SBI Cards as a public shareholder at the end of June 2021.
19) Answer: D
- A New Book titled Kathmandu Dilemma: Resetting India-Nepal Ties authored by Ranjit Rae
- The Book gives the details on mysteries between India and Nepal.
- It also deals with a drastically changing geo-political and geo-strategic space between India and Nepal, with many answers on the contemporary state of India-Nepal relations.
About RanjitRae :
- Ranjit Rae is a former Indian ambassador to Nepal.
- He also headed the Northern Division in the Ministry of External Affairs, dealing with India’s Himalayan neighbours, Nepal and Bhutan, from 2002 to 2006.
20) Answer: E
- On September 21, 2021, Star Indian cueist PankajAdvani defeated Babar Masih of Pakistan to clinch the IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup 2021 final, held in Doha, Qatar.
- This is Advani’s24th world title&It is also his second back to back major International championships win in a week.
21) Answer: A
- Odisha Chief Minister, Shri Naveen Patnaikannounced the FIH Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2021 will be hosted by Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- He also launched the logo for the prestigious event.
- Minister for Sports and Youth Services, Government of Odisha, TusharkantiBehera, FIH President Dr NarinderDhruvBatra and Hockey India Secretary General Rajinder Singh also present the event.
- The event will feature hosts and the defending champions India, South Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, South Africa, Egypt, Belgium, England, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, USA, Canada, Chile and Argentina.
- The 2023 FIH Men’s World Cup will be co-hosted by Bhubaneswar and Rourkela, both cities in Odisha.