Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 of 10th June 2021. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) What are the mottos of the ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan’ Campaign as mentioned by the Defence Minister recently?
(a) Make in India
(b) Make for the World
(c) Make for the Society
(d) Both A & B
(e) Both A & C
2) UkhnaaKhurelsukh, the former Prime Minister of Mongolia,has now elected as the President. He became the ________________ President of Mongolia.
3) ChoguelKokallaMaiga has been elected as the Prime Minister of Mali,who had a meet with Mali’s President. Name the transitional President of Mali.
(a) Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
(b) Bah Ndaw
4) As per the Economist Intelligence Unit Survey, Auckland has been named as the world’s most liveable city. The survey was conducted in how many cities?
5) Which country has become the first in the world to adopt Bitcoin as a legal tender after being voted overwhelmingly in favor of the law?
(b) El Salvador
6) Under the KhanaChahiye programme, more than 55 lakh people were provided with free food in the last six months in which of the following City?
7) The Gujarat CM has exempted the Property tax for cinema houses, multiplexes and gyms of the state from April 1, 2021 to which of the following period in view of the pandemic?
(a) April 1, 2022
(b) March 31, 2022
(c) September 1, 2022
(d) May 31, 2022
(e) July 31, 2022
8) What should be the annual family income of the students for availing Chief Minister Anuprati Coaching Scheme of Rajasthan?
(a) Less than Rs.5 lakhs
(b) Less than Rs.2 lakhs
(c) Less than Rs.10 lakhs
(d) Less than Rs.3 lakhs
(e) Less than Rs.8 lakhs
9) Punjab became the first state to introduce Electronic Identity Cards for their officers/employees. This eID works with which of the following Technology?
(c) Finger Print
(d) Face Recognition
10) What will be the projected India’s economic growth in the year 2022 by the World Bank?
11) A leading wealth-tech company,Fisdom has partnered with which of the following bank to offer comprehensive suite of wealth management products and services to the bank customers?
(a) Punjab National Bank
(b) Indian Bank
(c) Bank of Baroda
(d) South Indian Bank
12) Axis Bank has recently partnered with which among the following mobile platform to establish a conversational banking solution via WhatsApp Business?
13) The Chief Executive Officer of the Sterlite Copper has recentlysubmitted his resignation. Name the CEO of the company.
(a) R Kishore Kumar
(b) Anil Agarwal
(e) Vijay Sharma
14) Who among the following has been appointed as the Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer of ECube, an ESG Platform?
(c)Sanjay Kumar Singh
15) The Appointments committee of the cabinet has extended the tenure of LIC Chairman M R Kumar to how many months?
(a) 12 Months
(b) 3 Months
(c) 9 Months
(d) 5 Months
(e) 7 Months
16) The Secretary General of UN Security Council, Antonio Guterres has been recommended for the 2nd term in a recent Meeting. How many Member nationsheld the UNSC meeting?
17) What edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrolwas recently conducted between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy in Andaman Sea?
18) CRICURU, an experiential learning app has been launched by which of the following Star Cricketer?
(b) Sachin Tendulkar
(c) Mahindra Singh Dhoni
(d) Anil Kumble
19) The Income Tax Department has launched a new e-filing portal which can be accessed through the address www.incometax.gov.in. This is an initiative of which among the following?
20) Which of the following IIT institute has developed nano-fibre based controlled-release oral tablets of Amphotericin B to treat fungal infections arising out of COVID-19?
(a) IIT Kanpur
(b) IIT Hyderabad
(c) IIT Kharagpur
(d) IIT New Delhi
(e) IIT Indore
21) As per the Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2021,IISc Bangalore has topped among the Indian universities. What is the rank of IISc Bangalore?
22) “Skill it, Kill it” is a book authored by Ronnie Screwvala and published by Penguin Random House.What is Ronnie Screwvala’sprofession?
(a) Film producer
23) Digital payments startup,BharatPe has become the official partner for the International Cricket Council till which of the following year?
24) What is the position of Women’s team in the recently released International Hockey Federation world rankings 2021?
1) Answer: D
The motto of ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan’ is ‘Make in India’ and ‘Make for the World’, Defence Minister mentioned, adding that the campaign envisages the defence sector to play a major role in India’s economic growth and focuses on manufacturing cost-effective quality products for India and for the world.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh mentioned several procedural reforms undertaken by the Government, have transformed the defence industry to meet domestic as well as global demand.
Addressing a webinar on India-Sweden Defence Industry cooperation, Mr Singh stated the motto of AatmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan is Make in India and Make for the World.
He stated, the campaign envisages the defence sector to play a major role in India’s economic growth and focuses on manufacturing cost-effective quality products for India and for the world.
2) Answer: A
Former Mongolian Prime Minister UkhnaaKhurelsukh became the country’s sixth democratically elected president, further consolidating the power of the ruling Mongolian People’s Party (MPP) with a landslide victory.
Khurelsukh, who was forced to resign as prime minister after protests earlier this year, comfortably defeated SodnomzunduiErdene of the opposition Democratic Party and DangaasurenEnkhbat of the Right Person Electorate Coalition in a national vote, the General Election Committee said
3) Answer: E
Malian transitional president AssimiGoita meets with ChoguelKokallaMaiga after Goita’s swearing in ceremony in Bamako, Mali.
The president of the Strategic Committee of the Movement of June 5-Rally of Patriotic Forces, ChoguelKokallaMaiga, was appointed Mali’s transitional prime minister by Malian transitional president AssimiGoita, the Malian presidency.
Maiga, 63, was appointed following international pressure on Mali to name a civilian government leader after its second coup in nine months.
Colonel AssimiGoita last month deposed the leaders of a caretaker government who were themselves installed after a putsch that toppled elected president Ibrahim Boubacar Keita.
4) Answer: C
Auckland in New Zealand has been named the world’s most liveable city, in an annual ranking that has been shifted by the corona virus pandemic.
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) survey ranked 140 cities on factors including stability, infrastructure, education and access to healthcare. Auckland in New Zealand has been named the world’s most liveable city, in an annual ranking that has been shifted by the coronavirus pandemic.
But the pandemic proved to be the defining factor in this year’s list. It meant European cities fell while those in Australia, Japan and New Zealand rose up the rankings.
5) Answer: B
El Salvador will adopt Bitcoin as a legal tender in the country, becoming the first in the world to formally embrace the volatile cryptocurrency.
The Latin American country’s congress voted overwhelmingly in favor of the law, pushing forward Salvadoran President NayibBukele’s proposal. The 39-year-old politician’s party holds a supermajority in El Salvador’s congress
6) Answer: D
Various NGOs are making an enormous contribution in the fight against COVID pandemic through different initiatives and ‘Project Mumbai’ is one of them.
The NGO has not only helped common people but has also helped Corona Warriors by giving tiffins to the doctors from nine hospitals in Mumbai.
They have also distributed more than two lakh PPE kits and masks to the doctors in Mumbai. Helplines were started by Project Mumbai for the counseling of common people who were facing the issues of mental stress.
The NGO has provided free food to more than 55 lakh people in the last six months under its KhanaChahiye programme. They have also provided free foodgrain and medicines to needy senior citizens.
7) Answer: B
The Gujarat government announced a complete waiver of property tax for cinema houses, multiplexes and gyms from April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 in view of the pandemic.
The decision was taken during a working committee meeting chaired by the chief minister Vijay Rupani.
These institutions will also be exempted from fixed charges in electricity bills and will be required to pay the bills based on actual electricity consumption.
8) Answer: E
Rajasthan has launched Chief Minister Anuprati Coaching Scheme to help underprivileged students prepare for entrance examinations to civil services and professional courses, with an aim to give them equal opportunity.
Students belonging to scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, other backward classes (OBC), extremely backward castes, minority and economically weaker sections with annual family income less than Rs.8 lakhs per annum will be able to avail the scheme run by the tribal area development, minority affairs, and social justice and empowerment departments.
Under the scheme, free coaching will be provided for preparation for civil services examination, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
9) Answer: A
Electronic Identity Cards (eIDs) have been introduced in numerous countries. Punjab Government has also initiated the usage of eIDs equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology for their officers/employees through one of its prominent entities viz.PunjabMandi Board.
Chairman Punjab Mandi Board Lal Singh stated that these eIDs are equipped with NFC technology-a standard-based wireless communication technology, allows data exchange between devices that are a few centimeters apart and will be used as a primary authentication tool. The NFC operates at 13.66 MHz and transfers data at up to 424 Kbits/ seconds.
10) Answer: A
The World Bank projected India’s economy to grow at 8.3 per cent in 2021 and 7.5 per cent in 2022, even as its recovery is being hampered by an unprecedented second wave of the COVID-19, the largest outbreak in the world since the beginning of the deadly pandemic.
The Washington-based global lender released Global Economic Prospects, noted that in India, an enormous second COVID-19 wave is undermining the sharper-than-expected rebound in activity seen during the second half of Fiscal Year 2020/21, especially in services.
11) Answer: B
Indian Bank has partnered with the leading wealth-tech company Fisdom to offer a comprehensive suite of wealth management products and services to the bank’s ten crore customers.
Fisdom’s role encompasses the entire wealth management journey from origination to fulfilment and the post-sale service.
The partnership will focus on enabling large-scale facilitation and distribution of wealth products and services through Indian Bank’s network of 6,000 branches and its digital properties including the mobile banking application and internet banking portal.
12) Answer: E
Tanla Platforms rose 2.39% to Rs 840 after the company said its subsidiary Karix Mobile has deployed a conversational banking solution, WhatsApp Business, for Axis Bank.
Karix Mobile is India’s largest CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) provider. Using the solution, Axis Bank customers can now start a WhatsApp chat with the bank to conduct frequent banking activities on-the-go.
All communication on the WhatsApp account is encrypted end-to-end and all sensitive information is safe and secure.
13) Answer: C
:Pankaj Kumar is quitting the company citing personal reasons.
R Kishore Kumar, a former veteran in Vedanta Resources, will rejoin the group to head Sterlite Copper as the President even as the current CEO Pankaj Kumar quit the company citing personal reasons.
14) Answer: A
Investment Advisors, ECube an Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) platform announced the appointment of Ms RichaArora as Managing Partner and CEO of its ESG Stewardship Services Business.
Richa will entrepreneurially drive the new business, including ECube’s strategy and implementation of ESG assessment and engagement.
The target market for ESG Stewardship Services will include foreign and domestic investors with portfolios of companies in India, as well as individual companies seeking to enhance their ESG performance.
Richa brings more than 30 years of very relevant work experience to her new role. A business transformation leader with deep understanding of strategy, marketing and operations, she has built businesses and brands from scratch, nurturing them from inception, and scaled up
15) Answer: C
The appointments committee of the cabinet approved the extension of M R Kumar as the chairman of state-owned insurance behemoth Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
Kumar’s term as LIC chairman was supposed to end on June 30, 2021, but Centre extended his term by almost nine more months till March 13, 2022
16) Answer: A
The UN Security Council recommended Secretary General Antonio Guterres for a second five-year term as chief of the world organization beginning January 1, 2022.
The 15-nation Council held a closed meeting where it unanimously adopted a resolution recommending Guterres’ name to the 193-member General Assembly for a second term as Secretary General.
Former Prime Minister of Portugal, Guterres served as the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees for a decade from June 2005 to December 2015.
Guterres, nominated by the Government of Portugal, has been the only official candidate for the position of Secretary General and his re-election was a given.
17) Answer: D
From 09 to 11 June 2021,the three day coordinated patrol between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy was conducted.
It was the 31st edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) in the Andaman Sea.
The Indian Navy’s offshore patrol vessel INS Saryu and Thai ship Krabi along with Dornier maritime patrol aircraft from both navies.
18) Answer: E
India’s star cricketer and opener VirenderSehwag has launched CRICURU, an experiential learning app.
The app is available on both iOS and Android devices.It can be accessed at www.cricuru.com
The curriculum for each player is developed personally by VirenderSehwag along with Sanjay Bangar, former Indian player and batting coach of the Indian cricket team (2015-19).
CRICURU is designed to help youngsters learn playing cricket through master classes of 30 handpicked player-coaches from across the globe like AB de Villiers, Brett Lee, Brian Lara, Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Harbhajan Singh, Jonty Rhodes.
19) Answer: C
On June 07, 2021, The Income Tax Department launched a new e-filing portal.
Aim of the Portal :
- Providing the taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers.
- It is an Initiative by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- The portal can be accessed through the address www.incometax.gov.in
20) Answer: B
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad has developed nano-fibre based controlled-release oral tablets of Amphotericin B (AmB)
Presently, AmB is an injectable drug. Professor SaptarshiMajumdar and Dr Chandra Shekhar Sharma from the Department of Chemical Engineering have made a proven study about oral nanofibrous AMB to be effective for black fungus (visceral leishmaniasis).
The oral tablets used in the treatment of kala-azar or black fever have come to the aid of black fungus patients. In 2019, researchers from IIT- H’s Creative and Advanced Research Based on Nanomaterials (CARBON) lab reported using gelatinnanofibers to manufacture Amphotericin B in a sustained-release tablet form.
21) Answer: C
On June 02, 2021, in the top 100 list of Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Rankings 2021 Released. In that, three Indian universities secured positions in the top 100 list.
IISc Bangalore, IIT Ropar and IIT Indore have secured ranks among the top 100 universities in Asia. IISc Bangalore ranked at 37th position. It was the highest ranked university from India for the seventh year in a row.
The other two Universities are Indian Institute of Technology Ropar ranked 55th Position and Indian Institute of Technology Indore 78th Position. Tsinghua University, China has gained the first position in the Asia university rankings 2021 Followed by China’s Peking University.
22) Answer: A
Film producer Ronnie Screwvala authored a book titled skill it,kill it.The Book published by Penguin Random House in July 2021.
About the Book:
- The Book deals with Ronnie Screwvala’s stories, failures, and Personal learnings.
- It will give an insider’s view of the ‘invisible’ skills sought and rewarded by global businesses, top
recruiters and leading CEOs.
23) Answer: E
Digital payments startupBharatPe announced it has inked a three-year long deal to become an official partner with International Cricket Council (ICC).
As per the agreement, BharatPe will promote the association across broadcast and digital platforms, as well as execute in-venue brand activations at all the ICC events until 2023.
The key tournaments include the upcoming
- ICC World Test Championship (Southampton, UK 2021),
- Men’s T20 World Cup (India, 2021),
- Men’s T20 World Cup (Australia, 2022),
- Women’s World Cup (New Zealand, 2022),
- U19 Cricket World Cup (West Indies, 2022),
- Women’s T20 World Cup (South Africa, 2022),
- Men’s Cricket World Cup (India, 2023)
24) Answer: D
The latest International Hockey Federation world rankings 2021, In Hockey, Indian men’s team maintained their fourth position while women’s team held ninth position.
Despite missing the European leg of the FIH Hockey Pro- League series in Great Britain, Spain and Germany in April and May, the Indian men’s team maintained its fourth spot with 2223.458 points. In the women’s category, got 1643 Points.