Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs Questions Quiz for SBI, IBPS, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 of 28th August 2021. Daily GK quiz online for bank & competitive exam. Here we have given the Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on the previous days Daily Current Affairs updates. Candidates preparing for IBPS, SBI, RBI, RRB, SSC Exam 2021 & other competitive exams can make use of these Current Affairs Quiz.
1) India has been elected to the Council of Administration at 27th Universal Postal Union Congress. The UPU Congress held in which city?
2) The Ministry of Textiles along with NIFT and Design Smith has launched the India Size project at Saket. How many countries across the globe have their own size charts?
3) The Election Commission has launched two-day SVEEP Consultation Workshop. What does S mean in SVEEP?
4) The President Ram Nath Kovind has laid the foundation stone of the AYUSH University in which of the following state?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
5) The Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the Army Sports Institute’s stadium in Pune. This stadium has been named after whom?
(a) PT Usha
(b) Deepak Punia
(c) Bhavani Devi
(d) Neeraj Chopra
(e) Manika Batra
6) Which financial organisation has banned Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company from launching fixed maturity plan schemes for six months?
7) Which of the following bank has launched KBL FASTag for seamless movement of vehicles at toll plazas by facilitating automatic deduction of the toll amount?
(a) Kotak Mahindra Bank
(b) Karur Vysya Bank
(c) Canara Bank
(d) RBL Bank
(e) Karnataka Bank
8) Which among the Bollywood star has been appointed as the brand ambassador of the Delhi government’s ‘Desh Ke Mentors’ initiative?
(a) Sonu Sood
(b) Priyanka Chopra
(c) Akshay Kumar
(d) Vidya Balan
9) The Minister for Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya hastaken over charge as the Chairperson of Stop TB Partnership Board. The UN targets to end TB by which year?
10) Who among the following has been appointed as the chief executive officer of Dighi Port Ltd?
(a) Sanjay Bansal
(b) Neeraj Bansal
11) Who among the following has been appointed as the President of the Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India?
(d) Sunjay J Kapur
(e) None of these
12) The Justice M.S. Ramachandra Rao, has been appointed as Acting Chief Justice of Telangana High Court. He has replaced whom among the following?
(a) Hima Kohli
(b) Abhay Shreeniwas
(c) Sanjeeb Kumar
(d) Sanjay Agarwal
(e) Prashant Kumar
13) The President Ram Nath Kovind has been given an additional charge to Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit to which state?
14) How many schools from every district across Andhra Pradesh have been selected for the Sports Excellence awards?
15) The Odisha Sangeet Natak Akademi has conferred Lokanatya award 2020 to whom among the following?
(a) Sarat Ku Pani
(b)Nirmala Ch Rout
(c) Kishore Ch. Pradhan
(d) Subodh Pattnaik
(e) Gajendra Panda
16) The first-ever G20 ministerial conference on Women’s Empowerment held in which country?
17) The Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar haschaired the _________ edition Meeting of BRICS Agriculture Ministers.
18) Which among the following country has not participated in a multinational peacekeeping exercise named “Shared Destiny-2021”?
19) A New Book Titled,”An Invitation to Die: A Colonel Acharya Mystery” has been authored by whom among the following?
(a) Sam Riviere
(b) Tanushree Podder
(c) Anjali Shetty
(d) Rebecca Watson
(e) Natasha Brown
20) The Indian Grandmaster SP Sethuraman has won which among the following chess tournament title?
(a)Dubai Open chess tournament
(b)Laos Open chess tournament
(c)Vienna Open chess tournament
(d) Sharjah Open chess tournament
(e) Barcelona Open chess tournament
21) Sathiyan Gnanasekaran has defeated Yevhen Pryschchepain of which country to claim the men’s singles title at the ITTF Czech International Open in Olomouc?
22) Naushad from Kerala has passed away recently. He was a well-known _______________.
(c) Film Producer
(d)Both A & B
(e) Both A & C
23) The Renowned Indian classical musician Pt Subhankar Banerjee has passed away recently. He was a famous __________ player.
1) Answer: B
India has been elected to the Council of Administration (CA) at 27th Universal Postal Union (UPU) Congress in Abidjan.
India with 134 votes got highest votes in CA elections from South Asia and Oceania region.
India was also elected with 106 votes out of 156 countries to the Postal Operations Council (POC) at the 27th UPU Congress in Abidjan.
External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar has stated India’s election to the Council of Administration and the Postal Operations Council of Universal Postal Union is noteworthy.
They will work with all to strengthen cooperation in the Universal Postal Union.
2) Answer: E
The Ministry of Textiles along with NIFT, Delhi and DesignSmith, launched the India Size project at Select City Mall, Saket.
India Size is the National Sizing Survey of India.
It is a pan India study over a stratified sample of more than 25,000 people that will be used to determine the apparel sizes according to Indian body types.
It will standardise the apparel sizes for the Indian fashion market.
Purpose of the Project:
India has no size chart.
The clothes come in the ‘UK’ and ‘US’ sizes.
This often leads to the ill-fitting of clothes.”
14 countries across the globe have their own size charts.
UK and US sizes are most widely used by clothing companies.
“The survey is being conducted at 6 cities across India, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata and Shillong.
Due to geographical diversity, we need data from across the country”.
3) Answer: C
The Election Commission’s two-day Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation SVEEP Consultation Workshop ended.
The agenda of the workshop was to review State SVEEP Plans and conduct extensive deliberations on the important aspects of SVEEP for a comprehensive strategy for the forthcoming elections.
The Commission also launched the latest issue of the ‘My Vote Matters’- a Quarterly magazine of the Commission, a document on Online Activities for Electoral Literacy Clubs and a song booklet with a compilation of lyrics of motivational SVEEP songs.
4) Answer: A
President Ram Nath Kovind, who is currently in Uttar Pradesh as part of his four-day visit to the state, will travel to Gorakhpur, the third day of his tour.
President Kovind is scheduled to lay the foundation stone of the AYUSH University and inaugurate the Mahayogi Gorakhnath Vishwavidyalaya in the city on the same day.
President Kovind, who was in Lucknow on the first two days of his visit, will move on to the temple town of Ayodhya, the last day of his visit to the state.
About the University:
The state government plans to spend Rs.815 crore on the construction of AYUSH University, for which it had acquired 52-acre land for the university near Pipri and Tarkulhi villages.
The AYUSH University will be run according to the guidelines of the Central Council of Indian Medicine, regarding the establishment of Ayurveda, Unani, homeopathy, yoga, and naturopathy educational institutions in the university.
5) Answer: D
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Army Sports Institute’s stadium in Pune named after Olympic gold medal winner Neeraj Chopra.
Subedar Neeraj Chopra has added his name to the list of great sportspersons like Major Dhyan Chand, Capt. Milkha Singh, Col Rajyavardhan S Rathore and Captain Vijay Kumar.
Olympians who missed the medal by a close margin, are no less than a medallist.
The Government of India is trying to enhance the quality of sports competition and time has come for us to start giving equal importance to all sports, Women of our country are performing brilliantly.
6) Answer: C
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has banned Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company from launching fixed maturity plan (FMP) schemes for six months.
The action came as Kotak AMC delayed payment of full proceeds to investors of six FMP schemes run by the AMC.
Sebi has also imposed a penalty of Rs 50 lakh on the mutual fund, which is to be paid within 45 days.
It has also asked the AMC to refund part of the investment management and advisory fees collected from unitholders of six FMP schemes with 15 per cent interest per annum, to be calculated from the date of FMP maturity to the date of actual payment.
7) Answer: E
Karnataka Bank launched KBL FASTag for seamless movement of vehicles at toll plazas by facilitating automatic deduction of the toll amount.
Karnataka Bank launched its KBL FASTag, a pre-loaded payment instrument to facilitate seamless movement of vehicles at the toll plazas across India, in association with NPCI and Worldline, the FASTag processor.
“The FASTag facilitates the users with the ease and convenience during transit through the toll plaza by saving time, fuel and money”.
Customers can procure FASTag through the bank’s website or by approaching the nearby branch.
8) Answer: A
Arvind Kejriwal and Sonu Sood, in which Kejriwal, “Sonu Sood has agreed to become the brand ambassador of our ‘Desh Ke Mentors’ programme which will be launched soon.”
Sonu Sood has been appointed as the brand ambassador of the Delhi government’s ‘Desh Ke Mentors’ initiative.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief announced that his government would soon come up with “the most progressive” film policy in India that would provide a massive boost to the entertainment industry.
9) Answer: D
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya took over charge as the Chairperson of Stop TB Partnership Board.
The Minister will hold the responsibility with immediate effect until 2024.
He will lead the efforts of the Stop TB Partnership Secretariat, partners, and the TB community at large, towards reaching the UN TB targets by 2022, a milestone moment in the effort to end TB by 2030.
About the Stop TB Partnership Board:
It was established in 2001 and is mandated to eliminate Tuberculosis as a public health problem.
The organization was conceived following the meeting of the First Session of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Tuberculosis Epidemic held in London in March 1998.
10) Answer: B
Neeraj Bansal, the former deputy chairman and chairman in-charge of Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT), has quit the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) to join as the chief executive officer of Dighi Port Ltd, a unit of Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ).
Bansal took voluntary retirement from IRS in July ahead of joining the APSEZ unit.
About Dighi Port:
Dighi Port Limited (DPL) is setting up an all-weather deep-draft direct berthing port at Dighi (Southern shore) and Agardanda (Northern Shore) of Rajpuri Creek.
11) Answer: D
Auto components industry body ACMA stated it has appointed SONA Comstar Chairman Sunjay J Kapur as its new President for a two-year term.
Besides, Subros Chairperson and Managing Director Shradha Suri Marwah has been appointed as the new Vice President for the 2021-23 term,in the Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA).
The Automotive Component Manufacturers Association is an organization representing manufacturers in the Indian auto component industry.
It is associated with trade promotion, technology enhancement, quality improvement and gathering of information to help in the development of the industry.
With membership of over 800 manufacturers, ACMA contributes more than 85% of the auto component industry’s turnover in the organised sector.
12) Answer: A
Justice M.S. Ramachandra Rao, the most senior judge in the Telangana High Court, was appointed Acting Chief Justice to perform the duties of the Chief Justice. President Ram Nath Kovind appointed Justice Ramachandra Rao after Chief Justice Hima Kohli relinquished charge following her elevation to the Supreme Court.
Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
National parks: Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park, Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park and Mrugavani National Park
13) Answer: E
President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit, to discharge the functions of the Governor of Punjab, in addition to his own duties from the date he assumes charge of the office of the Governor of Punjab.
Mr Kovind also appointed Mr Purohit to be the Administrator of Union Territory of Chandigarh, in addition to his duties as Governor of Punjab.
Governor: V. P. Singh Badnore
Chief minister: Captain Amarinder Singh
National Parks: Bir Moti Bagh National Park
14) Answer: C
Commissioner of School Education Vadrevu Chinaveerabhadrudu and State School Games Secretary G Bhanumurthy have stated School of Sports Excellence awards will be presented to the institutions that fared well in sports in 2019-20 academic year.
The awards will be presented on August 29 to mark the occasion of National Sports Day.
Presentation ceremonies will be organised in all the district headquarters.
65 schools, five each from every districtacross Andhra Pradesh, have been selected for the awards.
Schools in the first place in district-level will be awarded Rs10,000, a memento and certificates.
Those in the second spot will be given 8,000.
15) Answer: B
The Odisha Sangeet Natak Akademi under the Odia Language, Literature and Culture Department announced various awards for the year 2019 and 2020.
For the year 2020:
Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja Samman: Smt. Kumkum Mohanty, Odissi Dance
- Acting (2 nos): Sushila Nayar, Bargarh and Bijay Ku Pattnaik, Gangpur, Ganjam
- Playwright (Natyarachana): Bhaskar Ch Mohapatra, Rourkela
- Direction: Subodh Pattnaik, Bhubaneswar
- Stage art (Manchakala): Prabhat Maharana, Bhubaneswar
- Folk music (Loka Sangeet): Navin Kanhar, Balangir
- Lokabadya: Kishore Ch. Pradhan, Puri
- Folk Dance (Lokanrutya): Narayan Maharana, Bhanjanagar, Ganjam
- Lokanatya: Nirmala Ch Rout, Bhadrak
- Instrumental music (Ananddha Badya) for Tabla: Sarat Ku Pani, Bhubaneswar
- Instrumental music (Sushira Badya) for Flute: Nityananda Mohapatra, Kamakhyanagar, Dhenkanal
- Odissi Dance: Gajendra Panda, Ganjam
- Odissi Vocal music: Raghunath Mohapatra, Paralakhemundi, Gajapati
- Sunanda Samman (Hindusthani Vocal music): Bandita Ray, Cuttack
- Sugam Sangeet: Bibhudhendra Das, Bhubaneswar
- Sarada Prasanna Samman (Gitikabita): Alekh Padhihari, BhubaneswarAnant Mohapatra (Acting & Direction) and Kumkum Mohanty (Odissi Dance) to receive the Akademi’s highest honour- Kabisamrat Upendra Bhanja Award for 2019 and 2020, respectively.
16) Answer: D
On Aug 26, 2021, The first-ever G20 ministerial conference on Women’s Empowerment, was held at Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy in a hybrid format.
On behalf of India, The Union Minister of Women & Child Development, Smt. Smriti Irani addressed the meeting.
The Conference was chaired by Italian Minister for equal opportunities and family, Elena Bonetti.
The discussion was based on two specific areas:
- STEM, financial and digital literacy, environment and sustainability
- Labour and economic empowerment and work-life balance.
Smriti Irani has reaffirmed India’s commitment towards addressing gender and women centric issues through mutual cooperation.
17) Answer: A
On Aug 27, 2021, Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar chaired the 11th Meeting of BRICS Agriculture Ministers.
Theme : “BRICS Partnership for Strengthening Agro Biodiversity for Food and Nutrition Security”.
During the meeting, the Agriculture Minister highlighted the efforts made by India in preserving the agro-biodiversity by establishing and maintaining the National Gene banks for plants, animals, fish, insects and agriculturally important microorganisms at different respective Bureaus.
BRICS Agricultural Research Platform has been created to promote cooperation in agricultural research and innovations and its implementation.
18) Answer: D
The militaries of China, Pakistan, Mongolia and Thailand will take part in a multinational peacekeeping exercise named “Shared Destiny-2021”.
The exercise will be held in China in the month of September 2021.
19) Answer: B
On Aug 25, 2021, A New Book Titled An Invitation to Die: A Colonel Acharya Mystery’ authored by Tanushree Podder.
The Book Published by HarperCollins
About the Book :
The Book is the story of murder mystery, investigation by Colonel Acharya
About Tanushree Podder :
Tanushree Podder is a well-known travel writer and novelist
20) Answer: E
Indian Grandmaster SP Sethuraman won the Barcelona Open chess tournament title in Barcelona, Spain.
Sethuraman collected 7.5 points from nine rounds to emerge winner on the basis of a better tie-break score after Daniil Yuffa of Russia also finished level with the Indian player.
He remained unbeaten through the nine rounds, winning six matches and drawing three.
Meanwhile, Indian GM Karthikeyan Murali finished third in the tournament.(Murali won six games, drew two & lose 2 matches)
Chithambaram took the fifth spot while Arjun Kalyan (6.5 points) ended ninth, followed by Visakh in 10th place.
21) Answer: A
Indian table tennis player Sathiyan Gnanasekaran beat Ukraine’s Yevhen Pryschchepain straight sets 11-9, 11-6, 11-6,14-12 to claim the men’s singles title at the ITTF Czech International Open in Olomouc in Czech Republic held from 21 to 25 aug 2021.
This is only his third ITTF Challenger title following triumphs in Belgium Open 2016 and Spanish Open 2017.
Earlier, Sathiyan Gnanasekaran had paired up with compatriot Manika Batra to win the mixed doubles title at the WTT Contender in Budapest.
About Sathiyan Gnanasekaran :
Sathiyan Gnanasekaran hails from chennai, TamilNadu.
He was a member of the Indian team that took the bronze in the 2011 Junior World Championships.
He became the first Indian paddler to sign a contract with Okayama Rivets for the Japanese T-league.
He ranked at 32 in the world as of April 2020.
In 2017, he won gold in the ITTF Challenge – Spanish Open, in Almeria (2017) in the men’s singles category.
In April 2018, he won three medals in his debut Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast, Australia.
22) Answer: E
On Aug 27, 2021, Renowned Kerala chef and film producer Naushad, passed away.
He was 55.
He was the producer of popular Malayalam films including Mammootty’s Kazhcha, Chattambinadu, Best Actor, Lion, Payyans and Spanish Masala.
He hosted several cookery shows on Malayalam television channels & also he became a judge in cooking contests.
He produced the critically acclaimed film Kazhcha, with Mammootty in the lead & he won the State Film Award for Best Producer.
23) Answer: C
Renowned Indian classical musician and tabla player Pt Subhankar Banerjee Passes away.
He was 54.
Banerjee,had done jugalbandi with all legendary classicists from Pt Ravi Shankar, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan to Pt Hariprasad Chaurasia, Pt Shiv Kumar Sharma.
He was a recipient of Sangeet Samman and Sangeet Maha Samman by the West Bengal government.